Home

Mad Den TV - Daily Show

This is a discussion on Mad Den TV - Daily Show within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Mad Den TV - Daily Show

Good stuff, Gibs!

One thing that may help diversify your offense is to come out in that same scheme as much as you'd like, but change the formation it comes from. As you well know, so many concepts are repeated in different formations. One reason the same exact play turns me off is because your opponent can anticipate with user control better. If you change formations, it's just another way to delay their anticipation, even for a split second.

I just watched some of a "game of the week" and noticed a cover 1 blitz coming off the left side. It got picked up pretty good. After that, I did see you adjust. One thing that really stood out, though, is you made your opponent beat that D before you changed it. Is that an explicit philosophy you guys work with? I try to do it almost the opposite: I try to keep things fresh so they never really feel comfortable in what they see or where the pressure is coming from. There's definitely a downside to mixing it up a lot, too. The old addage "why fix what 'aint broken" can apply here. If I'm stuffing a guy with a certain defense, why change?

Certain plays break certain defenses better than others. If you keep changing your plays on D, you can force your opponent to guess more on offense. When the offense is completely guessing, the defense generally wins. Meaning, you have a better shot at your opponent coming out in a play that doesn't completely break your defense. Since you came out in a cover 1 blitz several plays in a row, your opponent adjusted easily and scored. Maybe if you sprinkled in some base D's earlier you could've locked him up.

I think a happy medium applies well. To force your hand with a strong D often, then mix in some other looks to keep a guy off guard can produce shutouts.

Just a thought! Take care.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 10:56 PM   #66
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Good stuff, Gibs!

One thing that may help diversify your offense is to come out in that same scheme as much as you'd like, but change the formation it comes from. As you well know, so many concepts are repeated in different formations. One reason the same exact play turns me off is because your opponent can anticipate with user control better. If you change formations, it's just another way to delay their anticipation, even for a split second.

I just watched some of a "game of the week" and noticed a cover 1 blitz coming off the left side. It got picked up pretty good. After that, I did see you adjust. One thing that really stood out, though, is you made your opponent beat that D before you changed it. Is that an explicit philosophy you guys work with? I try to do it almost the opposite: I try to keep things fresh so they never really feel comfortable in what they see or where the pressure is coming from. There's definitely a downside to mixing it up a lot, too. The old addage "why fix what 'aint broken" can apply here. If I'm stuffing a guy with a certain defense, why change?

Certain plays break certain defenses better than others. If you keep changing your plays on D, you can force your opponent to guess more on offense. When the offense is completely guessing, the defense generally wins. Meaning, you have a better shot at your opponent coming out in a play that doesn't completely break your defense. Since you came out in a cover 1 blitz several plays in a row, your opponent adjusted easily and scored. Maybe if you sprinkled in some base D's earlier you could've locked him up.

I think a happy medium applies well. To force your hand with a strong D often, then mix in some other looks to keep a guy off guard can produce shutouts.

Just a thought! Take care.
you are absolutely right my man!

that game of the week vs Robe I was running in some specific issues with the studio I was in. Mainly the lag- I was forced to run a D that I could set up quickly!

My dime flat is where I wanted to be but it takes more time to setup and with the way the game was it was tough.

But i think you are correct in your assessment!

thanks man appreciate it!

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Old 10-03-2010, 11:51 PM   #67
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

Keep up the great work gibs.... on a random note though....you know when you call a play and your o coordinator/d coordinator talks to you? His voice is similar to yours so i feel like your calling my plays all the time lol
Old 10-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #68
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boling4Humor
Keep up the great work gibs.... on a random note though....you know when you call a play and your o coordinator/d coordinator talks to you? His voice is similar to yours so i feel like your calling my plays all the time lol
thats probably not a bad thing- ide pick a gem for ya! haha

www.MaddenTips.com

Old 10-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #69
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

http://www.operationsports.com/sgibs...32-mad-den-tv/

Show #28 has been updated!

Back again fellas! Show #28 is all about utilizing the Dime Flat formation! Specifically the Zone Blitz from this formation!

Enjoy!

www.MaddenTips.com

Old 10-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #70
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

Just want to say thanks to everyone thats watching and all the feedback I have received! Today I eclipsed 30,000 total views on MadDen 11 TV -

Thanks to all and i look forward to moving forward!

www.MaddenTips.com

Old 10-05-2010, 11:16 PM   #71
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
Just want to say thanks to everyone thats watching and all the feedback I have received! Today I eclipsed 30,000 total views on MadDen 11 TV -

Thanks to all and i look forward to moving forward!
Congrats Gibs, keep up the good work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #72
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

thanks so much PG!

www.MaddenTips.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »