Home

Offline Franchise Setup Help

This is a discussion on Offline Franchise Setup Help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Offline Franchise Setup Help

Hi guys,

During my time on '10 my franchise(s) only ever saw me control one team, however I've read selecting all 32 teams makes a far better game. Which is great, and I've done that.

I'm now sat on the "setup options" screen, and I'm not 100% on what to do in regards to CPU/User controlled assignments... What should these be set to?

Also, once I'm past this screen, what do I need to do for the other teams that is going to make my franchise better than if I'd just selected my one team?

Finally, people mention poor AI in offline 'chise, what am I looking out for? and what am I preventing?

As much info as possible guys,

Cheers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Offline Franchise Setup Help

I usually leave all those options on CPU. To make it better I go and change the coaching philosophies to match their real life teams. Also this you can go in and change each teams gameplan to also match their real life teams. During drafts and FA you can make sure they have all the rosters filled correctly. I sometimes make realistic trades that may or may not involve my team. Finally I switch teams after two years and try to rebuild a crappy team
Old 08-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for that, gone with CPU across the board.

Just changing the coaching setup for the teams now, this could take a while... I'm sure there are more options in here than there used to be and being a rookie UK fan I'm going to struggle to set some teams up accurately but here goes!
Old 08-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

For defense I tend to lower the aggressiveness thus limiting the blitzing. It seems the more the CPU blitzes the easier it is to pass. Especially on CB blitzes. Also you have to be disciplined when it comes to trading.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Ok, it looks like your question's been answered, so I'm gonna close this up. But bear in mind, if you're setting up coaching schemes that changing one team to a 3-4 switches them all...apparently. I think there's something in the bugs/glitch thread. Thanks, also, this should have gone in the Q&A thread.
..closed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »