Home

After about eight games...

This is a discussion on After about eight games... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
Rookie

PioneerRaptor's Arena

OVR: 8
After about eight games...

So, I've played eight games now of Madden 2011. In the end I was left feeling mostly happy about the gameplay. The game plays a lot more fluidly and the speed of players is very accurate in my opinion.

The two biggest problems I had are:

Defensive Selection and Control - In both NCAA 2011 and Madden 2011, the logic the game uses to switch to players is terrible. I remember the ball being in the air, and I switched players four times and not once did it switch to the defender covering the receiver. I also noted many times where you would switch to a lineman, but it would switch to a linebacker or corner in coverage, even before the ball is thrown. Which of course would cause you to take people out of coverage accidentally. I would love for it to go back to the way it used to be, and switch to the closest defender.

Super accurate passers - I played Heisman on NCAA with Eastern Michigan, my Quarterback was terrible and receivers couldn't catch the ball. I was okay with this, I was EASTERN MICHIGAN. However, I'd play worse teams, aka FCS teams, and their equally as bad Quarterbacks and Receivers would make perfect passes and never drop passes. Then, I was just playing an Ultimate Madden game. This guy threw for 400+ yards because the whole time with R. Fitzpatrick he would scramble and throw the ball on the run. FITZPATRICK was throwing perfect passes the entire game on the run, both deep and short. I did end up beating him 71 - 28, because he was just a cheeser and in the end us sim players always win. However, that is a huge flaw. He was throwing as if he was Peyton Manning sitting in the pocket. He even ran one way, threw back across his body while falling back and made a perfect accurate pass.

Sorry for the rant, but those two things, in both NCAA and Madden just really irk me.

Overall though, I enjoy the vast improvement in gameplay in both series, now hopefully we actually get that fleshed out Franchise next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: After about eight games...

The game plays pretty great and thats coming from someone who only plays offliine. If you are looking for a sim football game to play online you should wait 3 or four years, because madden is a game meant to be offensive minded and based around shootouts the online is completely cheddar. If you are having problems with the offline come over to the slider section and check out my sliders that should solve al of your problems
Old 08-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: After about eight games...

Sorry, but this is your impression of several aspects of the game and thus it belongs in that thread.

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »