Home

Ok, I have enough! Running Clinic Please!

This is a discussion on Ok, I have enough! Running Clinic Please! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Ok, I have enough! Running Clinic Please!

I didn't play a lot of Madden since Madden 08 on the PC. I have a terrible time running the ball this year, first because I suck, second because I don't know how to adjust the blocking in the game.

Is there people in here with enough knowledge, that can help people like me (if I'm the only one unable to run the ball, then I'll hang up Madden and go back playing UNO!) pick right running formation, pick good blocking scheme and most important, tell us how to run effectively.

I don't want to run for 400 yards with Ryan Grant for exemple, but averaging less than 2.8 yards per carry with Mike sliders is a bit of a problem for my offence.

Thanks in advance! :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Ok, I have enough! Running Clinic Please!

Honestly all that needs to done is practice, follow your blocks, and adjust playbook to how your team plays plus also realizing who you are going against. Running into a top linebacker will not help. I had to make adjustments in game to get away from a hot linebacker.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah, practice helps. I had to move down to very slow speed to run the ball. I've moved back up to slow and seriously considering moving to normal.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3

I hate when people say "practice" because if you don't know what to practice, it does nothing but frustrate you. Here is what I do.

First off, I play with my speed on Normal. I like the speed of the game better, and I just feel like the run game sets up nicer. Passing has taken some getting used to on this speed, but I'm almost there.

Take it slow and be patient. Watch your blockers and which way they are taking the guy they are blocking. If they block them towards the sideline, but on the inside hip of the blocker, if they're sealing the corner, cut it around the outside.

Don't be afraid to cut back. If the run is supposed to go between the Guard and Tackle, but you see a big gap form between the center and guard, don't be afraid to take that hole. Remember, 3-4 yards a carry is good. Peterson avg. 4.4 yards last year.

Don't be afraid to use the juke stick in traffic. The juke stick doesn't have to be a hard juke. Just a little flick can make a very small adjustment to the runner's direction and path.

Hope this helps you out a bit.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Under the rushing sliders increase run blocking a few clicks until it seems easier. Also I noticed as the game moves on and the defense begins to fatigue running becomes much easier. You just need to be patient. Also try running on passing Downs when the defense is spaced out
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »