Home

Madden Shop: Scouting Packs - amazing tool

This is a discussion on Madden Shop: Scouting Packs - amazing tool within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #9
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden Shop: Scouting Packs - amazing tool

Do i have to buy a new scout pack for every new franchise i start or can i use the same one?
Old 08-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
Do i have to buy a new scout pack for every new franchise i start or can i use the same one?
it's a 1 time buy and usable thereafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter55
I'm always looking for more authentic ways to strategically play Madden. Anyway you might be able to share this info?

And on a side note, I've been teetering about whether or not to get this and thanks to your post, you've pushed me in favor of giving it a try. Thanks
start small, there are scouting packs for all the positions so hell, with 50 cents what do you have to lose?

go with the OL scouting pack just so you see how it enhances the draft/scouting/rookie aspect of the game

why OL? well you yourself said you're on the fence so go with a position we oft overlook/aren't glamour positions, the linemen and that way you won't feel like you're ruining the game but yet able to see exactly how the scouting packs affect it

Last edited by tomriddle; 08-17-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter55
I'm always looking for more authentic ways to strategically play Madden. Anyway you might be able to share this info?

And on a side note, I've been teetering about whether or not to get this and thanks to your post, you've pushed me in favor of giving it a try. Thanks
Ill try to explain this with out being too confusing. NFL teams set there draft boards with a spreadsheet mentality. Picture the position columns runinng vertically. I only scout players who potential meters are more than halfway full probably closer to 3/4 full. Ill give an example using only QBs RBs and WRs with the highest potential. The sheet would look like this
Quarterback.. Running back W Reciever O line
Smith.......... fields...............................
jackson........................... parker ........jones

With this example Smith has the most value. So when the team picks and say they have a need for reciever,but this is how there board sits you can clearly see that there is a more talented player available at another position and you can look through their attributes to really narrow down if it is worth taking a position of less need but more potential and talent. This is where the expression used by so many gm s of "reaching for a need" comes from. For me its a lot of fun, I feel out the board with every player that I was able to scout and simulate pick by pick marking players off as they are drafted. I use a realistic approach when trading up or down using the draft value chart. Many times you will really notice someone who is worth trading up for or the later rounds being stocked enough to trade back. Very authentic approach to drafting.

Last edited by Lambeau 1919; 08-17-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #12
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Honestly, I have never heard of this until today. Don't know where I've been so I have a few questions.

1) Where do you download these? Through the Madden game itself (through the menu) or would I have to go onto the Playstation Network?

2) I'm still unclear what these packs do for your drafting strategy. Are you saying that when I download it, I'll no longer see a rookie's potential, and instead have to draft based on his measurements?

3) Does this scouting pack offer you MORE info than you get in the game? And is it more specific? For example, in Madden 11, you sometimes will scout a guy for six weeks and get only two or three lines of info. Other times, you'll scout a safety and they'll tell you less important info like how good he is on kick returns. Or it'll tell you a QB's throwing power but fail to mention his accuracy.

With the scouting pack, does it tell you more useful things regarding each player? Or is what makes this so great the fact that it tells you LESS?

4) If I download the pack, does it instantly start working? And does it carry over into subsequent seasons of my franchise?
Old 09-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #13
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Honestly, I have never heard of this until today. Don't know where I've been so I have a few questions.

1) Where do you download these? Through the Madden game itself (through the menu) or would I have to go onto the Playstation Network?

2) I'm still unclear what these packs do for your drafting strategy. Are you saying that when I download it, I'll no longer see a rookie's potential, and instead have to draft based on his measurements?

3) Does this scouting pack offer you MORE info than you get in the game? And is it more specific? For example, in Madden 11, you sometimes will scout a guy for six weeks and get only two or three lines of info. Other times, you'll scout a safety and they'll tell you less important info like how good he is on kick returns. Or it'll tell you a QB's throwing power but fail to mention his accuracy.

With the scouting pack, does it tell you more useful things regarding each player? Or is what makes this so great the fact that it tells you LESS?

4) If I download the pack, does it instantly start working? And does it carry over into subsequent seasons of my franchise?
You download from madden store. It's not that you don't see potential but you can ignore the "scouting" screen and use your draft time looking at strict measurements. It will usually give you an average of 4 measurements per player. Also one purchase and you have for life for madden 11 and will instantly work.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #14
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

OK, but is the scouting info that this pack provides good enough to give me a good idea of who to draft? If it's only 4 measurements, how will I get a good gauge on him as a player? Or, are the measurements they give you not random but specific to the player?

Meaning, I care less about a rookie QB's agility and care more about his throwing power and accuracy.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
OK, but is the scouting info that this pack provides good enough to give me a good idea of who to draft? If it's only 4 measurements, how will I get a good gauge on him as a player? Or, are the measurements they give you not random but specific to the player?

Meaning, I care less about a rookie QB's agility and care more about his throwing power and accuracy.
no, it wont give you all the QB attributes for every QB on the draft..

that's the beauty of it, it will give you glimpses as if you've fully scouted that player during that season but it won't completely ruin the draft for you by completely taking off the blindfold, so to speak

if you want to just stack your team and draft the best every round.. just go look at the spreadsheet rdm has compiled here..

the scouting pack just gives you glimpses to every player in that position but you cannot see everything during draft-day.. madden won't allow it (not enough space in the window during the actual day of the draft)

here's a case scenario for 3 QB's
QB1: THP 88 THA 77 SPD 90 INJ 88

QB2: THP 94 AWR 85 INJ 77

QB3: AWR 95 SPD 75 INJ 60

....see what i mean? it gives you a glimpse and not everything you see will be the same for every player

but given those information, combined with the chart-ratings and you can make better more informed decisions on who to choose
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 03:02 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 2

So it's $.50 for every position? Uh...no. That's a friggin' ripoff. Put that stuff in the game and stop nickle and diming (or in this case, nickle X dime) me after I just paid $60 effing dollars for a game that is mostly a copy of last year's product.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »