Home

New Kicking Meter A Challenge?

This is a discussion on New Kicking Meter A Challenge? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is the new kicking meter a challege for you?
No-not a challenge 66 75.86%
Yes-challenging 21 24.14%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #25
Rookie

Shizz420's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: New Kicking Meter A Challenge?

I missed an XP for the first time in 5 years in a CPU franchise game the other day lol. But once you get used to it I find it easy except online.

I am more on tilt from the LAG in online games; it does add to the tension but for the wrong reasons. I say keep the free-throw style meter vs CPU, and have the golf meter for online (which is not as hard but still challenging with the LAG). I will say I have probably won a game or two more than I should b/c my FG kicking was much better than my opponents'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Right now I would say it's not a challenge. However, if they increased the speed of the meter(as the length of fg increases) and actually factored in each kickers maximum range then it would be good to go.

Robbie Gould is "Good as Gold" from 49yds in. However, outside of that he struggles. Things like this should be reflected in the game. I nailed a 53 yarder last night with 5 yards to spare.

I just don't understand why these things are so hard to implement.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 25

i VOTED NOT A CHALLENGE, But i have missed 3 FGs so far...Thats 3 more than i have missed in the last 4yrs so give or take....Its ok i guess.

What i do to make it harder is this....On long kicks, i hit A...then look down and hit A again....Sounds like you would miss alot, but i get it close to the mark, but miss it a bit and shank them here and there.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
Right now I would say it's not a challenge. However, if they increased the speed of the meter(as the length of fg increases) and actually factored in each kickers maximum range then it would be good to go.

Robbie Gould is "Good as Gold" from 49yds in. However, outside of that he struggles. Things like this should be reflected in the game. I nailed a 53 yarder last night with 5 yards to spare.

I just don't understand why these things are so hard to implement.

This is a great Idea changing the speed depending on where you are on the field, maybe even faster for game winning kicks.. Because for me at this point its muscle memory and I can pretty much make anything in my kickers range with my eyes close..
Old 08-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
Because for me at this point its muscle memory and I can pretty much make anything in my kickers range with my eyes close..
On All-Madden and online?

And lol @ the first part of your sig, I thought I was the only one who noticed he does that a good bit when he "covers" but thats another topic lol
Old 08-18-2010, 12:32 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men_in_Mass
This is a great Idea changing the speed depending on where you are on the field, maybe even faster for game winning kicks.. Because for me at this point its muscle memory and I can pretty much make anything in my kickers range with my eyes close..
That's what I'm talking about G Men! This goes for offline mainly. I haven't played online yet to determine how the lag effects the difficulty of kicks.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:03 PM   #31
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

On All-Madden, yes it is. On All-Pro, not so much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 01:04 PM   #32
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

It's not a challenge, but it is 100 times better than the previous way of kicking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »