Home

10 or 11 and why?

This is a discussion on 10 or 11 and why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 10:41 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: 10 or 11 and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
From my perspective, M10's run blocking was a roll of the dice. Either my guys would lock on to all defenders and I'd bust a huge run, or my blockers would foolishly try to block the safeties and I'd be stuck with no gain.

This year, I can see my blockers picking their assignments pre-snap. Just view the play art, and you'll see your O-Line's blocking assignments. As defensemen move around, they'll adjust their assignment. They're not perfect, post-snap, but if I follow my block with Moreno, I can usually get at least 3 yards. In my first season, I averaged 4.6 ypc. Sometimes, the defense just out-mans me and I get caught behind the line the scrimmage. For me, it's about being more patient and allowing my linemen to set up properly. And with locomotion, my cutbacks are more valuable.

I need to try a bruising back, but I'd imagine a RB like Jackson would turn it up-field, lower his head, and start crushing some people. When I hit that line, I'm instantly pressing up on the right stick and holding down right bumper.
Yes I usually either hit up on the right stick with Jackson and just over power guys,or I stiff arm (man stiff arms like a champ in the game and in real life, 97 siff arm rating)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #66
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
In years past, and now again at present, I find slowing to a walk on run plays sometimes opens holes that wouldn't have opened if I were hitting the hole at some other speed - especially in crowds.

You are correct, pulling the stick back caused the back to do a back juke... But he didn't stay stopped. To completely stop a player, you were forced to let the stick go and watch him for run the same speed for another 2-3 steps.
To the extra coulpe steps are decelleration. If I want to instantly stop, then it's par tof a change or direction, which was automatically handled by the change or direction of the stick, or by doing a juke or spin move. At some point, less is more, and I've had no problems making cuts, moves and waiting for holes in '10.

If you need that additonal control, then it's great that '11 does that for you. I don't even notice it, so it has no affect on my gaming.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #67
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
What I like about the current kick meter is the inability to take kicking for granted. Since the stick-kick was introduced, I've seen a DRASTIC decline in missed field goals. I expect to see less as the year goes on, but I'm a HUGE FAN of making special teams a 3rd of the game, like they should be. And never taking kicking for granted...
I feel the same way about special teams....it's 1/3 of the game. That's why the lack of any blocking on kick returns is such a big deal to me. Even if you think the new kick meter is an improvement, that's at least offset by what they did to the return game.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #68
Rookie

dsallupinyaarea's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm thinking of re-buying 10 for all the reasons stated above. Just feels more like football then 11.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
To the extra coulpe steps are decelleration. If I want to instantly stop, then it's par tof a change or direction, which was automatically handled by the change or direction of the stick, or by doing a juke or spin move. At some point, less is more, and I've had no problems making cuts, moves and waiting for holes in '10.

If you need that additonal control, then it's great that '11 does that for you. I don't even notice it, so it has no affect on my gaming.
At one point I thought the control on Madden 10 was great too... Then I got into that "Route Based Passing" discussion and worked in Practice mode for about 2 weeks trying stuff...

That's when I noticed that my backs only ran 2 speeds. I was slightly saddened that the control I thought I had was an illusion, but it didn't affect my enjoyment of the game until I played Madden 11.

11 doesn't have any "deal-breakers" so far for me... Of course, QB Vision was the last 'deal breaker' I've had to contend with. Only liver with radicchio would be worse. LOL

Later
Old 08-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I feel the same way about special teams....it's 1/3 of the game. That's why the lack of any blocking on kick returns is such a big deal to me. Even if you think the new kick meter is an improvement, that's at least offset by what they did to the return game.
I've had a few runbacks already, so I haven't really noticed much about the KO blocking... I've ALWAYS thought it was worse than it should be, despite being better than decent at making a return.

I have noticed that bringing it out of the end zone is a VERY BAD IDEA... Which I like.

Later
Old 08-20-2010, 09:01 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 5

I miss the little things in Madden 10... like -

-The Halftime Show. I liked viewing other scores especially when I am trying to get a playoff spot. I'm in a race for the last playoff spot in madden 11 with the bears and I need the niners to lose. I have no idea what's going on in madden 11 with the niners score but in madden 10 I did.

-The Halftime Show again. It was nice how they produced it.

-Chain Gang : ya it got tiring at times but it was fun. I know they're in madden 11,but they're very cheap to measure.

-The Ref's conferring : you know when they get together and talk if they guy was in bounds or if it was a complete pass or an incompletion or if the player crossed the goal line for a td? It was a nice touch and added to the atomosphere and realism. I haven't seen any of it in Madden 11.

I will wait for a patch, but I sure wish I'd kept madden 10 instead of giving it away.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »