Home

Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ?

This is a discussion on Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2003, 09:41 AM   #9
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ?

You can not go soley on numbers alone. Is Emmit Smith the best running back of all time? I think not, but his number might suggest that to some people.
Some players can change the outcome of a game, almost by themselves. I think that is factored into the higher ratings (but not Alstott).
Old 07-29-2003, 11:49 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

if anyone in their right mind is tryin to say that favre didnt have any outstanding seasons in his career and are trying to say hes overrated, someone hasnt been watchin football the last 12 years
Old 07-29-2003, 12:02 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

Eddie_420 said:
if anyone in their right mind is tryin to say that favre didnt have any outstanding seasons in his career and are trying to say hes overrated, someone hasnt been watchin football the last 12 years

I agree...You are way off base on this Ted IMO.

You said Favre best two seasons were like 92-93? thats probably his two worse seasons . Come on Favre is a Hall OF Famer and def one of the top QB's in the league still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 12:46 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

Maybe my definition of increedible is different than yours.

Oops I meant 94-95 on Favre's best seasons.
Old 07-29-2003, 01:22 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

ssamutaj said:
"Farve has never had that incredible season that would put you at 98 so in his best years like 92-93 he would be a 95. "

This discredits EVERYTHING else you say in this argument from here on out. You apparently have no idea what you're talking about. Brett Favre won three consecutive MVP awards, something no one else in history has done. Not only that, but look at the numbers...

1995 -- 4413 yards, 38 TDs, 13 Ints, Rating of 99.5
1996 -- 3899 yards, 39 TDs, 13 Ints, Rating of 95.8
1997 -- 3867 yards, 35 TDs, 16 Ints, Rating of 92.6

If those aren't stats that merit a 99 ranking, no one deserves it.

And frankly, he's still one of the best QBs in the league, if not the best. Pro Football Weekly does an annual poll of NFL personnel, and Favre is always the guy they want leading their team. He may not put up the same numbers now, but he's working with a ragtag group of WRs. Name me another QB who does more with the quality around him that Favre has. You can't.

AMEN to that!
Old 07-29-2003, 02:32 PM   #14
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Quote:

Eddie_420 said:

You said Favre best two seasons were like 92-93? thats probably his two worse seasons . Come on Favre is a Hall OF Famer and def one of the top QB's in the league still.

I mentioned this in another thread, Favre deserves no HIGHER than an 85 for his play the last couple of seasons. His awareness should be under 50. The thing that seperates Joe Montanna and Brett Favre is Favre makes rookie mistakes and tosses 4 picks every other game. He threw SIX interceptions in the playoffs vs. the rams of all teams. If I could link you to some of the horrible passes he's thrown you'd be shocked to see his 98 rate. The great QB's don't make the dumb decisions favre makes all the time. His accuracy should be at around 85. The only thing that should be a 98 is his arm, thats it.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:07 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:

Erv said:
Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Quote:

Eddie_420 said:

I mentioned this in another thread, Favre deserves no HIGHER than an 85 for his play the last couple of seasons. His awareness should be under 50. The thing that seperates Joe Montanna and Brett Favre is Favre makes rookie mistakes and tosses 4 picks every other game. He threw SIX interceptions in the playoffs vs. the rams of all teams. If I could link you to some of the horrible passes he's thrown you'd be shocked to see his 98 rate. The great QB's don't make the dumb decisions favre makes all the time. His accuracy should be at around 85. The only thing that should be a 98 is his arm, thats it.

it really shocks me how ignorant some people can be.first of all 4 picks every other game would be about 32 ints at the very least. last i saw favre threw 16 last season.favres got great awareness and the ability to read defenses. anyone who watches football would know that. yes he makes some boneheaded throws but thats because hes aggressive, and he knows hes got the arm to make those plays. yes hes gonna throw some picks with his style of play but his great plays and great games outnumber the bad ones by far. are we also forgetting that last season favre was working with a whole new receiving corps not to mention his o-line was hurt, and then his injury he had. i bet you didnt even know that favre failed his end of the season physical which kind of shows how hurt he probably was towards the later part of the season. and no one in the nfl today can lead a two minute drill like he can. like i said before, anyone trying to say favre is overrated or isnt that great hasnt been watching much football the last 12 years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2003, 03:12 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:

Erv said:
Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Quote:

Eddie_420 said:

i want you to name me some qb's if you can who have the ability to make any of the plays favre has made in his career. how bout name me guys who have won 3 mvp's how bout name me all the people ahead of him on the all-time td list by which if he stays healthy hell be #2 on. how bout tell me how many guys have ever had 12 straight seasons of over 3,000 yards passing?? hes a clue, hes the only guy to ever to do. how bout also tell me how many guys have had 5 straight years of over 30 td passes. hes another clue, no one. before you go and bad mouth favre how about you turn on a football game and actually watch him play because i seriously doubt you have seen much of him if thats the kind of qb you think he is. either that or a VERY VERY VERY disgruntled bears fan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »