Home

Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ?

This is a discussion on Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2003, 10:26 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ?

Im a huge Packer fan and Favre is one of the best QB's in the NFL, but i do think his rating should be a 93-95. Not a 98.

Hes one of those guys you want on your team for sure but when he makes a mistake its usually a costly one, but thats his style of play. He gets you the huge play and he can just as easily toss a pick. He is a very agressive QB and its nice to see that today still, not like some of these QB's who are to scared to make a play they just toss it away. Its great to know on a 3rd and long or down by 21 your not out of it and thats what Favre brings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 12:08 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...ingQBs1713.htm

In an article released mid-season last year, the late, great Joel Buchsbaum ranked the starting QBs in the NFL.

Favre is still among the best, no doubt. Personally, I would say he is the best overall. His offensive line was in shambles last year, and he started the season with his top 3 WRs from the previous year all GONE. No other QB could overcome that the way Favre did. He took a whole new group of guys and lead them to a 12-4 record. And you question his ability? Ridiculous.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:52 PM   #27
Pro

cake612's Arena

OVR: 9

Favre is one of the 4 or 5 best QBs of all time, I personally am a big fan of him and think he is very close to being the best of all time. He deserves a little respect for what he's done in the past, plus he is on a terrible team, he has a mediocre O-line, one fairly good receiver, and an ok running back.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:58 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 4

Anybody who puts A. Brooks ahead of Garcia get a big [Middle Finger Smiley] from me and a poop on him. But, he did put Vick 13th.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:12 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

lg2000 said:
favre is ill .... as for aaron brooks i think thats a little 2 high

Look at Brooks performances since he took over in New Orleans, and tell me how his rating is too high. I know he's been out with some injuries, which every QB gets eventually, and the Saints have swooned as a team in Dec., but just from looking at his individual performances and skills, give me some facts to back up that statement. The man threw the ball 72 yards in the air during the last QB challenge, has made strong pin-point throws in games, showed mobility and the ability to get out of trouble, and led the Saints to their first playoff win. I certainly think if his cousin in Atlanta can have a god-like score, then Brooks can have an 89.
Old 07-30-2003, 05:31 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

TedTurner said:
2 quality post in a row.

Farve has never had that incredible season that would put you at 98 so in his best years like 92-93 he would be a 95.

Off the top of your head name me Greenbays WR's. Favre doesn't have a Owens or a Horn to throw too. And it's not always about the numbers.
Old 07-30-2003, 05:34 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

ssamutaj said:
"Farve has never had that incredible season that would put you at 98 so in his best years like 92-93 he would be a 95. "

This discredits EVERYTHING else you say in this argument from here on out. You apparently have no idea what you're talking about. Brett Favre won three consecutive MVP awards, something no one else in history has done. Not only that, but look at the numbers...

1995 -- 4413 yards, 38 TDs, 13 Ints, Rating of 99.5
1996 -- 3899 yards, 39 TDs, 13 Ints, Rating of 95.8
1997 -- 3867 yards, 35 TDs, 16 Ints, Rating of 92.6

If those aren't stats that merit a 99 ranking, no one deserves it.

And frankly, he's still one of the best QBs in the league, if not the best. Pro Football Weekly does an annual poll of NFL personnel, and Favre is always the guy they want leading their team. He may not put up the same numbers now, but he's working with a ragtag group of WRs. Name me another QB who does more with the quality around him that Favre has. You can't.

Imagine Ahman Green in that backfeild back then instead of Dorsey the Horsie and whoever else was sharing time back there. He put up those outstanding and effecient numbers WITHOUT a premier back. That is incredible my friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 10:51 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

cake612 said:
Favre is one of the 4 or 5 best QBs of all time, I personally am a big fan of him and think he is very close to being the best of all time. He deserves a little respect for what he's done in the past, plus he is on a terrible team, he has a mediocre O-line, one fairly good receiver, and an ok running back.

i love favre and that comment makes him look better but i have to say he does have one of the best o-lines in football protecting him actually. but last year it was beat and battered. and ahman green is a little more than an ok back

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »