Home

Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ?

This is a discussion on Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2003, 09:25 AM   #49
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ?

why don't ya'll shuttup and just change the ratings yourself
Old 08-05-2003, 07:18 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:

Flyboy said:
Peyton Manning better than Brooks in laughable. Hold on...

Told ya.

Your opinion is in the VAST minority to say the least.....

Athletically, Brooks is a shade ahead (and I'm not just talking about mobility here) Let's look at the Sports Weekly Comparison of Manning and Brooks.

Speed: 60-81
Acceleration: 57-82
Strength: 67-66
Awareness: 93-78
THP: 87-91
THA: 94-80
Toughness: 80-82

Overall: 93-86

I guess nobody knows anything BUT you, I guess, though...... but opinions are like.... you know the rest.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:43 PM   #51
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Brooks is a slick QB, has potential to be very good. But Scrambler or no scrambler Manning is by far the better QB. First and foremost his job is to pass the ball and pass it well. He does this as good or better than anyone in the NFL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2003, 06:01 PM   #52
Rookie

carthagebaseball's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Erv said:
Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Quote:

Eddie_420 said:
if anyone in their right mind is tryin to say that favre didnt have any outstanding seasons in his career and are trying to say hes overrated, someone hasnt been watchin football the last 12 years

I agree...You are way off base on this Ted IMO.

You said Favre best two seasons were like 92-93? thats probably his two worse seasons . Come on Favre is a Hall OF Famer and def one of the top QB's in the league still.

I mentioned this in another thread, Favre deserves no HIGHER than an 85 for his play the last couple of seasons. His awareness should be under 50. The thing that seperates Joe Montanna and Brett Favre is Favre makes rookie mistakes and tosses 4 picks every other game. He threw SIX interceptions in the playoffs vs. the rams of all teams. If I could link you to some of the horrible passes he's thrown you'd be shocked to see his 98 rate. The great QB's don't make the dumb decisions favre makes all the time. His accuracy should be at around 85. The only thing that should be a 98 is his arm, thats it.

what I think is so funny about all of you thinking farve is off of his A game, is that when you watch him play, he can do almost anything he wants to. If you watch his picks, you will notice that he throws the ball so damn "expletive" hard that the ball is tipped and then picked. Half the picks he throws are this way, and if you were to watch his games the announcers will agree and comment like I am on that subject. Dont discredit a man that clearly deserves everything he is given. Favre is the main reason that Green Bay can even field a team. The packers remain a contender to every team in the league because of the man that sits behind the center. No I am talking about Doug Pederson, but rather Brett Favre.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:26 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 4

god I love being right.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:23 AM   #54
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

TedTurner said:
god I love being right.

I think you love being a sh*t disturber
Old 12-12-2003, 01:51 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2

If there was a consistency rating in madden, Favre would get a 50. But other than that, he is golden.

His main problem is the team does not use Ahman Green to their advantage enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2003, 03:38 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 12

Corey Bradford. Donald Driver. Javon Walker. Robert freaking Ferguson. Bill Schroeder. These are the best wide recievers Favre has had recently. Favre hasn't had ANY WR talent to work with since Sharpe and Brooks left a long *** time ago. He made Bradford, Schroeder and Driver look like pro-bowlers when they are clearly only average recievers at best. Currently Bradford and Shroeder are dropping like rocks on their new team's depth charts, since starting out #1 on each when they were signed I believe both are down to #3. Bradford I believe is still competing for the #2 spot at best.
Sometimes Favre makes bad decisions, yes, so does every QB in the NFL, but you can't attribute his drop in stats solely to Favre. He has had very little to work with on the outside and I would be willing to bet money there's maybe 2 or 3 QB's in the NFL at most that could have put up better numbers with the kind of wideouts that he has had recently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »