Home

Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ?

This is a discussion on Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2003, 03:31 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Who else this Favre 98 ovr Brooks 89 are Over Rated ?

Quote:

Dallasin2K3 said:
Corey Bradford. Donald Driver. Javon Walker. Robert freaking Ferguson. Bill Schroeder. These are the best wide recievers Favre has had recently. Favre hasn't had ANY WR talent to work with since Sharpe and Brooks left a long *** time ago. He made Bradford, Schroeder and Driver look like pro-bowlers when they are clearly only average recievers at best. Currently Bradford and Shroeder are dropping like rocks on their new team's depth charts, since starting out #1 on each when they were signed I believe both are down to #3. Bradford I believe is still competing for the #2 spot at best.
Sometimes Favre makes bad decisions, yes, so does every QB in the NFL, but you can't attribute his drop in stats solely to Favre. He has had very little to work with on the outside and I would be willing to bet money there's maybe 2 or 3 QB's in the NFL at most that could have put up better numbers with the kind of wideouts that he has had recently.

Old 12-14-2003, 01:26 AM   #58
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Dallasin2K3 said:
Corey Bradford. Donald Driver. Javon Walker. Robert freaking Ferguson. Bill Schroeder. These are the best wide recievers Favre has had recently. Favre hasn't had ANY WR talent to work with since Sharpe and Brooks left a long *** time ago. He made Bradford, Schroeder and Driver look like pro-bowlers when they are clearly only average recievers at best. Currently Bradford and Shroeder are dropping like rocks on their new team's depth charts, since starting out #1 on each when they were signed I believe both are down to #3. Bradford I believe is still competing for the #2 spot at best.
Sometimes Favre makes bad decisions, yes, so does every QB in the NFL, but you can't attribute his drop in stats solely to Favre. He has had very little to work with on the outside and I would be willing to bet money there's maybe 2 or 3 QB's in the NFL at most that could have put up better numbers with the kind of wideouts that he has had recently.

well put
Old 12-19-2003, 04:25 PM   #59
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

god I love being right.

Right about what What happen to Jeff and the Niners this year i heard some talk about Jeff being replaced...didn't hear anything like that in Greenbay
Old 12-19-2003, 04:25 PM   #60
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

Quote:

god I love being right.

Almost forgot to add.....you make this post and then Aaron Brooks throws 5TD passes
Old 12-20-2003, 12:09 AM   #61
Lex
Banned

OVR: 5

It sounds to me like QB rating is having a lot of influence on the way QBs play and to some extent how the attributes are set up in Madden. The QB rating didnt always exist. Its very complicated and it puts more emphasis on some things rather than other things-- its kind of arbitrary. A good example is Joe Montana in the mid 80s vs. Dan Marino in the mid 80s. Joe had a weaker arm plus short passes were part of SFs philosophy. Marino would throw the ball further down field with greater risk/reward because he was a better passer, yet, because the QB rating favors the low risk QB Montana might look better. So then in the game attributes might be manipulated to some extent to reflect qb ratings? In reality the reason Favre makes a risky pass is because of high awareness but overestimating his ability to make a play. What attribute allows for such a nuance in Madden? Also, if youve watched football at all over the last 10 years you know that Madden LOVES Brett Favre and so it should never be a surprise that they would give him more sugar. Luckily, we can edit. I also agree about the best player not being 99 automatically. Perhaps a 99 should be the all time greats and they should rate the current players accordingly. If 84 Dan Marino or 88 Montana or 99 Warner are 99s then 2003 Favre should be like a 90. Its a given Favres arm strength would be 99 but where would you make the deductions to get a 90 overall...awareness...passing accuracy? It would be very necessary to know how the attributes affect the game to say for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2003, 12:39 AM   #62
MVP

Donovan's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

It sounds to me like QB rating is having a lot of influence on the way QBs play and to some extent how the attributes are set up in Madden. The QB rating didnt always exist. Its very complicated and it puts more emphasis on some things rather than other things-- its kind of arbitrary. A good example is Joe Montana in the mid 80s vs. Dan Marino in the mid 80s. Joe had a weaker arm plus short passes were part of SFs philosophy. Marino would throw the ball further down field with greater risk/reward because he was a better passer, yet, because the QB rating favors the low risk QB Montana might look better. So then in the game attributes might be manipulated to some extent to reflect qb ratings? In reality the reason Favre makes a risky pass is because of high awareness but overestimating his ability to make a play. What attribute allows for such a nuance in Madden? Also, if youve watched football at all over the last 10 years you know that Madden LOVES Brett Favre and so it should never be a surprise that they would give him more sugar. Luckily, we can edit. I also agree about the best player not being 99 automatically. Perhaps a 99 should be the all time greats and they should rate the current players accordingly. If 84 Dan Marino or 88 Montana or 99 Warner are 99s then 2003 Favre should be like a 90. Its a given Favres arm strength would be 99 but where would you make the deductions to get a 90 overall...awareness...passing accuracy? It would be very necessary to know how the attributes affect the game to say for sure.

Yah Id rather that to, I like the way kobe bryant courtside did it on n64, the best players in the league were Shaq and Kobe at 89. There was room to be better but the greats, Wilt the Stilt, MJ in his prime, whoever were better than that.
Old 12-24-2003, 02:36 AM   #63
MVP

I play as the Bears in my franchise, and I personally enjoy the fact that Favre is awesome. He has totally kicked my *** several times - I have only beat the Packers twice. But - one of my victories was at Lambeau Field, in the driving snow in the NFC Championship: 34-3. It was so satisfying.

It wouldn't have been as enjoyable if Favre was the same QB as 10 other guys I played against that season....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »