Home

Madden's Biggest Long-Time Issue?

This is a discussion on Madden's Biggest Long-Time Issue? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Madden's Biggest Long-Time Issue?
Excessive QB Dropbacks 20 17.54%
Jetpacking 5 4.39%
Removal of FairPlay Rules Online 13 11.40%
Lack of Full Rosters 28 24.56%
Removal of Individual Coverage Audibles 8 7.02%
Online Quitters 3 2.63%
Collision Detection 37 32.46%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2010, 03:32 PM   #9
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden's Biggest Long-Time Issue?

Challenge system.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #10
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Collision detection for sure. When you gots guys hands going through other guys bodies and stuff, you know that's a problem. Especially if the hand goes through another hand or something to make a catch or int. Yeah, this has been Madden's problem for the longest.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

It used to be excessive QB drop backs. Finally, that appears to be gone in Madden; it's still in NCAA.

There are some issues that aren't on the list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #12
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm glad to see collision detection leading the way so far, but how is it not 90%+?

The question is "biggest long standing issue" with Madden. In 09 and prior we had field degradation and dirty uniforms, how could that at all be considered a long standing issue, or even thought of regarding 'biggest' issues?

Long QB drop backs? A ton of things have been done to fix this issue. Some of you people need to go back and play last gen and early this gen copies of madden if you think it is at all the same.

I could go on and on about each item on this list, but I shouldn't have to. The two largest problems with Madden for years have been:

1.) Line play/interactions

2.) Collision detection.

By a wide margin. no other issues comes close. Line interactions, or lack there of are the root cause of many other madden issues. QBs rolling out and dropping back come from a lack of pressure from DEs in pursuit and a proper pass rush. As line interactions have improved over the last two years, along with other upgrades, Madden has vastly improved as a game.

When you just list the problems with Madden 09, and you look at the problems [not bug/glitches] of Madden 10 and 11 [so far] you will notice a lot of improvement.

Now, going into madden 12, the biggest issues have to be collision detection and, as LBzrule put it in his thread, a lack of complements on the other side of the ball. You can branch out of tackles and animations, but you can't branch into them to bring the ball carrier down. We get real blocking assignment AI, but the defense doesn't have gap control and real assignment AI to attack the run. These are just two examples. this is way more important than IR in franchise mode. I am a huge fan of playing offline franchise mode, and i don't know why it would be so difficult to get IR working properly, but if I had to make a top 10 list of problems in Madden that need to be addressed, ranked by priority, I am not sure if that would even make the list, let alone come in first.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #13
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

naaah trust me--NOT GONE yet. D Linemen still don't push the outside of the pocket and force the QB to step up in the pocket. a guy can sprint to the right or left as soon as the ball's snapped and beat a D linemen to the sideline--which shouldn't happen.

i don't think they can pull it off...if they could it would have been done the first 5 times they said it was. i'm ready for them to take the easy way out and call holding anytime a QB drops back further than 10 yards from the LOS.

Last edited by Kushmir; 08-18-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #14
Pro

thbends's Arena

What? No one goes in to individual coverage audibles?

More then half of the cheesy play out there could be dealt with using individual coverage audibles.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #15
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

IMO the biggest issue preventing me from buying Madden 11 is the fact that 2 CPU controlled teams can't trade players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 04:25 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
naaah trust me--NOT GONE yet. D Linemen still don't push the outside of the pocket and force QB step up in the pocket. a guy can sprint to the right or left as soon as the ball's snapped and beat a D linemen to the sideline--which shouldn't happen.

i don't think they can pull it off...if they could it would have been done the first 5 times they said it was. i'm ready for them to take the easy way out and call holding anytime a QB drops back further than 10 yards from the LOS.
The DEs get up field. The interaction could be more dynamic, but they do get up field and make it harder for the QB to get outside. Also, mechanics, for the QB, matter in M11. There are more accuracy penalties when throwing on the run. That was the biggest part of the problem. QBs, in real life, escape the pocket, especially mobile ones. In real life, as well as some previous games that were made , QBs aren't nearly as accurate, when throwing the ball deep, then when they had there feet set in the pocket. This year, in M11, if they roll out and try to throw across you body, it triggers an animation of the QB setting his feet then throwing. Many times the throws are inaccurate. In previous versions of Madden,and in the current version of NCAA, you were able to roll out and throw the ball down field with accuracy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »