Home

Madden's Biggest Long-Time Issue?

This is a discussion on Madden's Biggest Long-Time Issue? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Madden's Biggest Long-Time Issue?
Excessive QB Dropbacks 20 17.54%
Jetpacking 5 4.39%
Removal of FairPlay Rules Online 13 11.40%
Lack of Full Rosters 28 24.56%
Removal of Individual Coverage Audibles 8 7.02%
Online Quitters 3 2.63%
Collision Detection 37 32.46%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2010, 03:13 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden's Biggest Long-Time Issue?

all of the above!
Old 08-19-2010, 05:43 AM   #34
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Even though there are many issues,in Madden, that need to be addressed, ahead of IR, it's still a big problem; it may be one of the reasons we don't have 53 man rosters and 45 man game-day rosters. Since placing a player on injury reserves doesn't replace a roster spot, you need those extra spots in the event that you have multiple players with season ending injuries. I have no idea why they keep putting in position requirements. I also don't see what is so hard about finally being able to put a player on injury reserve and actually clear a roster spot.

I try be as positive as I can, but IR not clearing a roster spot(which is the whole point) in 2010 just baffles me. What is the big deal ?
Yes, I agree that it is a problem, more so when you have several injuries on your team. Also, as I wrote, I don't know why it would be that difficult to fix [not a lot of man hours compared to the other fixes,] but on a list of "major issues," franchise related problems start to take a back seat to game play. Most people know I LOVE franchise mode. However, I have to agree with Ian, game play is the most important part of Madden. Everything else comes second.now, you can comment all you like about how good of a job they did on game play and if it was worth it or not, that's not what i am talking about. So, when we talk about the most important issue of Madden that must be fixed, again I feel that game play issues have to go at the top of that list.

Most people have to admit, game play in Madden 11 is so much better than anything we have played this generation. In fact, after the snap, it's the best game play I have had out of one single game of madden. I say after the snap because things like shading your corners, man lock and other pre-snap options and settings are still missing. Play calling is still not right yet, though GameFlow is nice and game planing is really where it is at. If you want to talk play calling, see BezO.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxallday
Again, honsestly, is that a big problem? This isnt baseball my friends, there are hardly any trades in the NFL with the acception of draft day and the off-season. C'mon guys.
first of all its exception and just because they dont happen during the season they shouldnt be in at all? take a look at this
http://www.sportscity.com/nfl/nfl-trade-tracker

Last edited by cheapargentina; 08-19-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
first of all its exception and just because they dont happen during the season they shouldnt be in at all? take a look at this
http://www.sportscity.com/nfl/nfl-trade-tracker
Exactly, most of those were during the off-season, and besides, Madden used to have CPU trading during the season, but they would trade their star QB for another teams star HB and back-up QB. To many unrealistic trades, so they scrapped the whole CPU trading during the season idea.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #37
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

I think collison detection is the reason why the oline and d line don't interact well same with wr and cbs. but the roster thing especially with IR but for me its special teams after 92 so many things have been stripped down year by year. blocking punts and field goals, return reverses, blocking each year it got worse. now punt return and kicking return pretty good this year , but everything else is crappy
Old 08-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 8

Ball arc,player physics and other on the field gameplay things.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 11

1.lack of gang tackling/add-on hits
2.player interaction is still horrible. suction and teleporting still rule the day.
3.the out of bounds lines are smeared.. i had a receiver come down with 2 feet out of bounds, and the refs called it, the AI challenged the call and the refs overturned it giving them the reception. the play wasn't even close.

i also had a receiver grab a reception in the flats take off down field running out of bounds the entire way.....what a joke. i tried to challenge, but because of the challenge system i have no idea what it is i am challenging.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #40
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

I voted horrible collision detection and this goes right along with poor tackling engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »