Home

frame-rate issue?

This is a discussion on frame-rate issue? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #17
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: frame-rate issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigdog
I forgot to say I have the Xbox version. I bought Madden 11 based on the demo and I really like NCAA11, but Madden is a mess. The only other Madden I have is 09 which has some really bad animation also. I thought after a few years it would have improved, but it really hasnt. It seems the people that work on Madden could use a lesson in animation, layout, camera moves, and editing. Very sloppy effort. Compare to a game like MGS4 or Uncharted 2. (I know. Not sports games) But the level of detail and polish that those games have are up there with feature quality. I have animated on quite a few features so I have a bit of knowledge on this subject.
It will be interesting to see if they can clean up their work in a patch, but I really doubt they can.
Well now, I have to disagree with this, respectfully. I have choppy animation, but Madden 2011 blows Madden 2009 out of the water. Madden 2009 was a true mess of football. '11 has so much going for it, I'm not going to discount it simply because some cut scenes are choppy. To make such a comparison ignores the improvements to run blocking, passing, gang tackles, online franchise, sideline catches, game plans, and more.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I didnt mean that 09 is better/same as 11. 11 is better than 09 but is still a sloppy attempt.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:26 AM   #19
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I should say, I'm not having any issues during actual play. The problems I see are during cut screnes, etc. I haven't copied the disc to my HDD, though. I'll try that and see what happens. As a side note, I have the new remodeled 360.

unfortunatley i dont have enough room left on my hdd to download (i have an older 360 hdd). I cant afford to get the new 360, so im hoping for a patch cause this choppy gameplay and cutscenes are really annoying............
Old 08-20-2010, 07:17 AM   #20
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Yep, I have noticed this pretty much right away. You know exactly when the ball is going to be snapped because the game freezes for a second.
Same happened with me, so I saved Madden onto my hard drive and that eliminated the problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »