Home

REALISTIC NUMBER OF TACKLES PER GAME

This is a discussion on REALISTIC NUMBER OF TACKLES PER GAME within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: REALISTIC NUMBER OF TACKLES PER GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Honestly, that's true of the NFL. Defenses with lower overall talent tend to have individual players with higher tackle numbers in general. Willis had an insane 174 tackles his rookie year, and he was one of the few talents that defense had on the team in 07. Worse players miss tackles, pursue poorly, etc. As the 49ers defense has gotten better, Willis' numbers hav gone down. While some players get worse, like Gabril Wilson who was a monster at SS his first two years in the league not that long ago, he hasn't really played all that well since.

Also, for me anyway, I play 15min quarter games. My stats tend to look very realistic game in and game out. If you are looking for realistic results, you can't really play 5-8min quarter games. I'm not saying you are, but if you are, be honest with yourself here.
I see what your saying but look at ray lewis...Ravens defense always in top 5 and he always gets 100-150 tackles each year..
Old 08-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Can the safety arguments stop. Laron Landry is clearly the best. A beast in the run game and is better at covering than Revis and Champ Bailey combined.

Anyways, I have about 25 tackles with Fletcher and Landry, but that's in week 5. Maybe upping reaction time and dropping block shedding would keep the d lineman engaged while the linebackers come up for the stop.

― Plato
Old 08-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
What are you, baseball fans? Since when are stats any reasonable indication of a defensive player's ability?

The Rams had, as I said before, the 29th ranked defense in the NFL last year. That indicates that their players simply aren't that good. The Rams are one of the 3 or 4 least talented teams in the NFL, period. I'm not saying the entire defense is terrible, but overall, as a team, they're a poor defense.

Atogwe has a ton tackles, great. Does that mean he's good, or that the Rams give up a lot of complete passes... or, worse yet, a lot of runs that make it past the 2nd level? Sorry, comparing his "stats" to Ed Reed's doesn't work because Ed Reed is on a defense full of great players and spends a lot less time on the field than Atogwe.

Besides, Atogwe can't be that good. He's Canadian.

If you guys are trying to say that Long, Butler, Bartel, and Atogwe are all Probowl caliber players, you need to name for me another defense that starts 4 pro bowl caliber players that finished in the bottom 5 defenses in the league.
No offense but your argument is foolish. To say that because a defense is one of the worst in the league that EVERY player on that defense is not as good as the players on a superior defense is stupid. What if there is a lockdown corner on a team but no DL/LB and they get the ball ran down there throat. Does that mean the corner is terrible?

Plus your argument is ridiculous in the fact that you say "Since when are stats any reasonable indication of a defensive player's ability", then go on to tout how poor the team stats are for the rams and how great they are for the steelers. WOW, you are definitely the stereotypical madden pretenda-fan. Football is a team game. Watch it sometime!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 06:20 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaframa3
No offense but your argument is foolish.To say that because a defense is one of the worst in the league that EVERY player on that defense is not as good as the players on a superior defense is stupid. What if there is a lockdown corner on a team but no DL/LB and they get the ball ran down there throat. Does that mean the corner is terrible?

Plus your argument is ridiculous in the fact that you say "Since when are stats any reasonable indication of a defensive player's ability", then go on to tout how poor the team stats are for the rams and how great they are for the steelers. WOW, you are definitely the stereotypical madden pretenda-fan. Football is a team game. Watch it sometime!
first of all stats are not the best way to measure a players (especially a defensive players) skill level.

To say that because a defense is one of the worst in the league that EVERY player on that defense is not as good as the players on a superior defense is stupid.
I'm not saying the entire defense is terrible, but overall, as a team, they're a poor defense. (i think you should try and read things twice before posting)

when did he mention the steelers?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »