Home

Carrying 5 QBs=unrealistic progression.

This is a discussion on Carrying 5 QBs=unrealistic progression. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
zav
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Carrying 5 QBs=unrealistic progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence1206
For better or worse, I think progression is static, regardless of play time or stats. I don't mind it so much for generated rookies. But I would like to see real NFL players have dynamic progression that is at least based on play time, if not stats.

The progression system would be helped tremendously if there was a funcional mini-camp and practice sessions so that you get time to work with your new players.

As well, pre-season could be made more realistic if the user was given control of when to put in 1st, 2nd and 3rd strings.

A roster rework with a realistic IR, PUP, and practice squad...

I could go on.
all those things are needed but ive ended up keeping QB5 and QB3 and QB2 and getting rid of Landry Jones because of his age and QB4 because he wasnt needed
Old 08-19-2010, 02:36 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence1206
For better or worse, I think progression is static, regardless of play time or stats. I don't mind it so much for generated rookies. But I would like to see real NFL players have dynamic progression that is at least based on play time, if not stats.

The progression system would be helped tremendously if there was a funcional mini-camp and practice sessions so that you get time to work with your new players.

As well, pre-season could be made more realistic if the user was given control of when to put in 1st, 2nd and 3rd strings.

A roster rework with a realistic IR, PUP, and practice squad...

I could go on.
I agree that it is totally static. I just finished the first year of my franchise, and I would have to say that there is no clear rhyme or reason to how the players progressed.

It would be amazing if this game got the correct roster treatment. I had so many injuries, and was unable to sign adequate depth, so it ended up costing me.

I could care less what hot dog's cost in my stadium and all of the other "fluff" this game has contained in the past, but a PS would be amazing.

I also like the preseason idea, and would go one step further and have training camp as an option.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:18 PM   #11
zav
Rookie

OVR: 2

training camp and PS are needed badly... if i have 3 QB prospects. I shouldnt have to carry them on the roster. I should be able to dump them on the PS and wait and see. Also minicamp and training camp are needed i think that that would provide me with a chance to play with my rookies and see how they play and play with undrafted rooks that i can cut or sign. Very important for me right now.

Also i just drafted 5 QBs lol i had 14 picks in the draft and decided to pull more prospects and i think i have a winner. My 6th round QB, 6 ft 4 (brady-clone?) turns out he was a 79 overall and has A potential another one i drafted is 6 ft 5 236 lbs and is a 78 overall but is a B potential. the rest were garbage
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »