Home

Carrying 5 QBs=unrealistic progression.

This is a discussion on Carrying 5 QBs=unrealistic progression. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2010, 03:51 AM   #1
zav
Rookie

OVR: 2
Carrying 5 QBs=unrealistic progression.

i have this dilemma as Landry Jones begins to diminish in his old age... ive started drafting high potential low round guys to develop for when Jones retires. I now have 5 QBs (thanks again madden for not having practice squad) i went through the season with the 5 with them rated as such
Jones=86
Qb2=79 3rd year
QB3=78 rookie
QB4=77 4th year
QB5=70 rookie

all have A potential.

NOW i finish the year and wait to see them progress only to see this.

Jones=89... he went UP 3 points despite the fact that hes 37 years old.
QB2= 79 no progression whatsoever
QB3= 82 he went up 4 points realistic
QB4= 72 he went down 5 no explanation
QB5= 81 i cant fathom how he possibly went up 11 points

can anyone explain to me how this happens? totally unrealistic and honestly im sure if i continue this the QBs will just jump around in that 70-82 range at random except maybe QB5 who i wouldnt be the least surprised if he popped up at 99
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 04:07 AM   #2
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Carrying 5 QBs=unrealistic progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zav
i have this dilemma as Landry Jones begins to diminish in his old age... ive started drafting high potential low round guys to develop for when Jones retires. I now have 5 QBs (thanks again madden for not having practice squad) i went through the season with the 5 with them rated as such
Jones=86
Qb2=79 3rd year
QB3=78 rookie
QB4=77 4th year
QB5=70 rookie

all have A potential.

NOW i finish the year and wait to see them progress only to see this.

Jones=89... he went UP 3 points despite the fact that hes 37 years old.
QB2= 79 no progression whatsoever
QB3= 82 he went up 4 points realistic
QB4= 72 he went down 5 no explanation
QB5= 81 i cant fathom how he possibly went up 11 points

can anyone explain to me how this happens? totally unrealistic and honestly im sure if i continue this the QBs will just jump around in that 70-82 range at random except maybe QB5 who i wouldnt be the least surprised if he popped up at 99
i can explain QB number 4. the fact of the matter is that because he hasn't played at all he started to regress. if i were you though in franchise mode. Landry Jones and QB5 and trade the rest for draft picks.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:14 AM   #3
zav
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
i can explain QB number 4. the fact of the matter is that because he hasn't played at all he started to regress. if i were you though in franchise mode. Landry Jones and QB5 and trade the rest for draft picks.
i am going to trade them =( my experiment has failed miserably thanks to some weird madden stuff

also i can see in my backup copy of my franchise(i always save it under a different name so i can backup the previous year) that QB5 easily has the best stats of the bunch and is probably would have ended up with the highest overall had i not stashed the QBs. QB3 also has solid stats but i think im letting him go.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 33

qb5 is t. brady
Old 08-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
zav
Rookie

haha i think his name is tonk ska r something like that cant check right now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

IMO... progression working as intended. Stats shouldn't make a player better or worse. Playing time and/or time in the league should reveal how good/bad that player can be. Looks like your QB5 had a great offseason and came into camp looking to prove he's better.

I think the progression works perfectly... I just wish we didn't get to see the potential ratings.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
qb5 is t. brady
Exactly. Progression should never be mathematical. You have guys that clearly are worse than you thought once they get playing time, and guys that come out of nowhere to be studs.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

For better or worse, I think progression is static, regardless of play time or stats. I don't mind it so much for generated rookies. But I would like to see real NFL players have dynamic progression that is at least based on play time, if not stats.

The progression system would be helped tremendously if there was a funcional mini-camp and practice sessions so that you get time to work with your new players.

As well, pre-season could be made more realistic if the user was given control of when to put in 1st, 2nd and 3rd strings.

A roster rework with a realistic IR, PUP, and practice squad...

I could go on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »