Home

Madden NFL 11: Ian Cummings Interview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11: Ian Cummings Interview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
I don't like this "Yeah, we're looking into that.." business. I mean, it's nice that they're looking into it, but does this mean they're looking to fix it for us soon, or for Madden 12, or is he just saying it even if they've not even thought about looking into it?

Hmmm
Old 08-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 11: Ian Cummings Interview

Most of you guys are babies. I mean yeah there are things wrong with the game, but if you have ever programmed anything you find there is always things that need to be tweaked once the general public gets its hands on it.

People need to understand the delicate balance it is for a sports video game between too hard and too easy. After they change one area it can adversely effect several others. Most of your complaints can be corrected with a little bit of slider work.

The issue that are the same year in and year out are very annoying but mostly these problems can be fixed with a patch. I think they spend so much time catering to all the whining people do that they dont fix the issues that are most important. A REAL defense doesn't make 3 or 4 changes at the line of scrimmage.

P.S. I agree with him about special teams, i thought it sucked at first but when you look at the stats, they are pretty on point.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #19
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Good read and Ian I actually love kick returns now. It is more relistic. No one would ever take a knee before this year. Kicking still needs revamped. It is too easy and almost always max power.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #20
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

chivis i don't know how long you been around here, but off all places you def don't want to say you are def doing something. its just a wild fire waiting to happen. i want to see the playaction, break tackle and man coverages and how the LB reacts fixed . i wish chris would have asked him bout tackles and that they are bout a second off the snap and the end is past them by then
Old 08-19-2010, 12:24 PM   #21
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
It is always interesting that no questions are asked about the Presentation....Come on OS.

And Ian seems to tap dance around the questions: In regards to broken tackles " Again, that is something we are trying to tune and see if we can make it any better -- if it warrants it. We are just always listening to the community and the hot-button issues, and we go from there"

If they were listening to the community, I believe we would have a much better game than what we are playing....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #22
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

There still "looking" at things? Everything sounds so up in the air like they're still wondering if these are problems.

And this...
Quote:
Ian: Yeah, a lot of that comes from the ratings differentiation that we have. We make our guys spread out a lot more so that defensive backs tackling ratings are pretty low. They are not good tacklers for the most part so you’ve got to kind of try and swarm around the ball. Again, that is something we are trying to tune and see if we can make it any better -- if it warrants it. We are just always listening to the community and the hot-button issues, and we go from there.
LOL. He mentioned OS, but I don't think he's listening to this board. Swarm around the ball for what? To get knocked over like a bowling pin? We needed a Pro-Tak follow up question right there.

He did say around the ball, not to it though.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
And I think what you see is if we boost the CPU time that they wait, that frustrates way more people. The majority of people don’t want to wait seven seconds and wait while the computer stands still. So that’s kind of a tough balance we have to figure out. We always talk about making a slider but that seems sort of like overkill [laughs].
No Ian the more sliders you make the less criticism you get from players on OS. There is no such thing as overkill when it comes to giving USERS the option to customize their game.

I realize more and more EA is so far away from making a football game I will enjoy. All I want is the ability to customize my game. EA continues to limit this (editing ratings in franchise/dynasty, sliders, time controls, playbooks etc......). Just make a PC version.

I give up.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 21
they should have the CPU snap the ball 1 second after you make your last defensive adjustments, with a max time of maybe 6-8 seconds before they snap anyways. obviously this would be overridden in a hurry up situation.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »