Home

The Madden 11 QB Spy Glitch Needs Fixed

This is a discussion on The Madden 11 QB Spy Glitch Needs Fixed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The Madden 11 QB Spy Glitch Needs Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_money7
pinching the oline works pretty well, but more importantly i dont think the oline should recognize them as rushing...you could mess up the oline super bad that way. just do fake blitz and the guards think both the mlbs are blitzing but say they are in zones and then blitz your olbs and they will fly in all day cuz they will want to block mlbs...so i dont really see a way to fix this...just pinch your line guys, its works.
Pinch doesn't work vs spy blitz. The line doesn't see the spy as a threat because if you block a spy, then it defeats the purpose of spying.. so the spy can go through untouched. You can only chip him with a back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I take a safety in a deep blue zone, and manually blitz him through the a gap.

I take a safety in a yellow zone and blitz him from the slot.
Do people keep a back in to block and drill you for 50 yds a clip?
Old 08-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #18
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Is there any way to tell a guy is doing this for sure? I run a league and would like to stop this before it gets rolling.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:13 PM   #19
Rookie

If he can run straight through the a gap untouched only bringing maybe 3 guys on a rush every time, then it's the blitz. It's really obvious.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #20
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Guys were doing this in Madden 10 too? I have a guy that gets crazy pressure and I always wondered how. Hmmmm
Old 08-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallH4wk31
Pinch doesn't work vs spy blitz. The line doesn't see the spy as a threat because if you block a spy, then it defeats the purpose of spying.. so the spy can go through untouched. You can only chip him with a back.

Do people keep a back in to block and drill you for 50 yds a clip?
i k what it is but most people use to blitz the A gap...so you pinch your line and it clusters up in there...sure he might get in once or twice but its not a for sure thing at all when you pinch...but of course im talking about A gap ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 04:47 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_money7
i k what it is but most people use to blitz the A gap...so you pinch your line and it clusters up in there...sure he might get in once or twice but its not a for sure thing at all when you pinch...but of course im talking about A gap ones.
No guy, it doesn't work in the A gap spy blitz. I had a guy run it on me with Ed Reed and he got through and of course I pinched. I had to go to 3WR 2 RB and block both RB and hid behind them. If they're getting blocked, it's a nano or overload.. not the spy blitz. I promise you.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:19 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
My man, I understand exactly what you're saying. What I'm saying asking is why are you looking for band-aids instead of fixes? This mentality is part of the reason the game is so bad now.
I said I was well aware the BETTER solution would be to somehow improve the o-line A.I. But I seriously doubt that is patchable. Yeah...restricting movement at the snap for non-blitz assignments might be a band-aid but it is the lesser of two evils in relation to the spy blitz.

What's worse...a temporary band-aid for this year or to have absolute idiots run this smallbrain blitz the ENTIRE year? It's not like making someone be in a BLITZ assignment in order to manual blitz will really effect the game in a negative way.

Band-aid? Yes.
Better than the alternative? Hell yes.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I take a safety in a deep blue zone, and manually blitz him through the a gap.

I take a safety in a yellow zone and blitz him from the slot.
No you dont. The game doesn't let you step forward at the snap in those assignments.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »