Home

Too many sacks in franchise

This is a discussion on Too many sacks in franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 01:52 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Too many sacks in franchise

Would editing finesse and power moves solely bring down sacks? Or does that also affect ability to get tackles?
Old 08-20-2010, 02:32 AM   #10
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Also it seems the amount of teams that get 50+ sacks is high.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 10

Anyone able to shed some light on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 12:10 AM   #12
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
Anyone able to shed some light on this?
I can shed some darkness on it..haha.

I have tried editing everything in coaching scheme sliders to try to bring down the sack numbers. Nothing works as far as I can tell. I've tried changing the DE and OLB styles to coverage and run stop...nothing happens. I've tried changing team's defense aggressiveness and run/pass priority, and nothing changes with the sack numbers. Changing a lot of that stuff around will start to mess up some offensive numbers though.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven123
I dont know what to tell you, I've yet to see this, in my 2 seasons I didnt have one guy get 20 sacks, let alone 20
Exactly...
Old 08-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #14
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I have gotten the impression that there are sometimes "break out years" for stats. Each of my season had normal passing stats with only Drew Brees and Manning with 4,000+ yards passing. then one year Manning was just under 4,000 and Brees, I kid you not had over 5,000. Yes, I typed that correctly. Is it possible? Maybe... but WOW. It wasn't the norm and no one else came close after that, but it happened. I also had in a different season two backs break the 2,000 yard mark, but each other season, the league leaders only had 1,400-1,600 yards, well shy of the 2,000+ mark. The most sacks one player has gotten for me so far was Freeny who had 22 sacks. He also was tied for 2ed highest with 18. Patrick willis in my first 3 season had under 100 tackles, then suddenly the years after that have been in the 120+ range and he lead the league each of those years.

So, again I say, I think there are jsut random break out years, and maybe you found one or more? Keep simulating an reporting. I haven't run into what you are talking about, but I believe it [well most of it, 20 guys over 20 sacks?!? maybe not that many]

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »