Home

What am I doing wrong?

This is a discussion on What am I doing wrong? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What am I doing wrong?

Ok let me start off by saying offense is ridiculously charged this year, for better or worse. It seems whenever I, or anyone else, gets in space, broken tackles and a celebration awaits. Unfortunately for me, I seem to be having an issue running the ball. Every time I play either someone online or the CPU, the opponents DT is in the backfield right as I hand the ball to the back. I try spreading the field, using heavy sets, and o-line slides but it doesn't make much difference. When I do get out of the back field I just about always make the first guy or two miss, but behind the line I just get creamed which results in me passing the whole game, which is fine, I had 300 yards with Darrius Heyward-Bey alone one game, but I would like to get more balance.

Perhaps me using the Pats playbook with every team may have something to do with it, I don't know, but is there a trick to making it so the d-line does not get in my back field roughly 80% of my running plays?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What am I doing wrong?

I find people are really good at switching to the DL and using a quick move or clogging a hole themselves.. so I'll loosen them up with some passes and then run out of the same formation to catch them off-guard. Seems like if I hit a few in a row they go 3-3-5 or dollar or dime and I can get some good yardage.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:52 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What am I doing wrong?

Same problem assuming your playing all maddeen default. Only tips i got was using Sliders. Im waiting for a patch ian addressed it a article posted today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »