Home

Can we please move pump fake to right analog stick like NCAA??

This is a discussion on Can we please move pump fake to right analog stick like NCAA?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Can we please move pump fake to right analog stick like NCAA??

Moving back and forth between the games I'm constantly either:

A) Hitting the wrong button to pump fake and throwing the ball away
or
B) When I want to throw the ball away I pump fake

NCAA has a better control scheme in regards to the pump fake IMO. You should be able to pump fake in the direction that you desire, it's much better than just pressing the RB to pump fake. The RB is a terrible button to pump fake with because of it's lack of responsiveness as well.

Do you guys agree with me, would you like to see the pump fake and throw the ball away in Madden be changed to match NCAAs scheme??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Can we please move pump fake to right analog stick like NCAA??

I agree. I was alternating between games yesterday after a bit of a hiatus from NCAA since Madden's release. I'd love the ability to map the controls so I can have continuity between the two. And it's not just the pump fake, throwing the ball away, and the strategy pad. I wish the menu screens were the same too as there are two different systems for scrolling plays.....I like Madden's in-game menu system better.

That said, going back to NCAA made me appreciate the tuning of Madden's version of the locomotion/Pro-tak system all the more. NCAA is very good in this respect, but to me Madden's is better. Just more fluidity across the board.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #3
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

They need to change the mechanic. I want to pump fake and throw the ball away at specific receivers.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #4
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3

Agree to all of the above. I will say that in regards to an on field experience I am enjoying NCAA more at this point than Madden.

My last game of Madden against the CPU on All-Pro was Steelers vs. Vikings and I shut it off in the beginning of the 4th quarter when I was winning 52-48. At half time both QBs had over 300 yards passing, even though I only completed 5 balls with Roethlisburger. The Vikings were not using Adrian Peterson at all. Percy Harvin was nearing 400 yards alone by the time I shut it off.

My last game of NCAA was PSU @ Oregon. I won 35-34 after Oregon missed a potential game winning FG wide left. Both QBs had near 300 yards passing for the game, both RBs had realistic yardage, I saw overthrows and misreads, and some big plays but no 80+ yard TDs after breaking tackles in the secondary. I was also able to play Defense and get them to punt!
Old 08-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm gonna have to throw an AMEN to that suggestion. It feels so natural to have it on the right stick and having control over which direction to pump is big.

I know that they've worked the QB avoidance trigger to the right stick but I've never found it to be very effective. If they want to keep it then they should tie it to the QB scrambling button. Say, squeeze the Left Trigger then move with the left stick to avoid pressure.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »