Home

Madden's player models..

This is a discussion on Madden's player models.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 01:37 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden\'s player models..

I don't see want your talkin about with stiff and square and straight lines. Everything about ESPN's models looks more real. Some of you sound like you can't tell the difference between cartoonish versions of players to real versions of players. Even if body proportions are off in ESPN which I can't see it's more real looking than cartoonish thus equals better graphics. If you think Madden models aren't cartoonish watch a real NFL football broadcast. It's simple to see they look nothing like NFL players but look like small cartoon version of them.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:38 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:

Dapo said:
This should end dis argument

i will give espn the faces they do a good job there but i still think maddens models are better

and which would u rather have models or faces?
Old 07-30-2003, 02:48 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Getting into a pic war is usless unless you can find two pics of the player in the same position and camera angle to compare.

These are the closest pics that I could find that represent the player in the same camera angle and position. I think that these pics illustrate that Madden's proportions are not as skewed as some people make them out to be.

Sega's model would be great if it weren't for a few deficiencies. First, the chest pads don't seem to conform to the players body. This makes the player's torso look abnormally flat and out of shape. Secondly, the arms are two short. Most human's arms are long enough for their hand to come down to their mid theigh. In Sega's model, the arms barely reach past their hip.

I think where VC really has an advantage is the model textures. They are much more crisp and detailed. Madden's look like they've been airbrushed a little too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 06:34 AM   #52
Rookie

ultramag7's Arena

OVR: 3

madden's player models look like marionettes. you ever watch thunberirds "argo" that's what they look like. i still like the ncaa series over madden, 2k3 and the like. if we could only get a game with fever's graphics, 2k's gameplay and madden's attitude and extra's. ahhh!!!! that would be paradise!!!
Old 07-30-2003, 09:07 AM   #53
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

After looking at the pics very closely. I came to the conclusion that Maddens models look better. Dont get me wrong, 2Ks faces look 50x better, but thier models look kinda boxey. Thier shoulders are to square and not round enough. And their torsos look to flat.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:10 AM   #54
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

HotrodderZ said:
Getting into a pic war is usless unless you can find two pics of the player in the same position and camera angle to compare.

c'mon man....what is this? If you want a cartoon version of Ricky then this is cool.

I saw an ESPN beta vid of the Fins and Lions where Rick looked pretty spot on. If the Gamespot vids are any indication....He's gonna look alot better in ESPNFL than he does in Madden.

For all the Madden fans who have a Gamespot Complete or just the $5 monthly pass like I do...DL the Latest Vids for ESPNFL on PS2 and Xbox at Gamespot then report back to this thread and try to honestly deny 2k's Models are clearly better scaled and proportioned than Maddens. You'll be lying to yourself if you did.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:21 AM   #55
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Kanobi said:
c'mon man....what is this? If you want a cartoon version of Ricky then this is cool.

Sigh, instead merely making kiddy comments like the game looks like a "cartoon", why don't you elaborate on just why it does ...be more descriptive instead of just degrading an aspect of the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 09:23 AM   #56
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

HotrodderZ said:

These are the closest pics that I could find that represent the player in the same camera angle and position. I think that these pics illustrate that Madden's proportions are not as skewed as some people make them out to be.

Sega's model would be great if it weren't for a few deficiencies. First, the chest pads don't seem to conform to the players body. This makes the player's torso look abnormally flat and out of shape. Secondly, the arms are two short. Most human's arms are long enough for their hand to come down to their mid theigh. In Sega's model, the arms barely reach past their hip.

I think where VC really has an advantage is the model textures. They are much more crisp and detailed. Madden's look like they've been airbrushed a little too much.

All of the pictures you say are bad are the old ones. And that ricky williams picture is horrible.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »