Home

Madden's player models..

This is a discussion on Madden's player models.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 10:27 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1
Re: Madden\'s player models..

Thanks. But if you mean gameplay, that's a whole other ball of wax. I definitely see the merit/superiority in Madden's fluid animations though. To me, it needs more OF them and more BREATHTAKING ones like in ESPN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 10:43 AM   #66
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

iLLWiLL said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
c'mon man....what is this? If you want a cartoon version of Ricky then this is cool.

Sigh, instead merely making kiddy comments like the game looks like a "cartoon", why don't you elaborate on just why it does ...be more descriptive instead of just degrading an aspect of the game

Okay...

1. Madden Player Models are smiling practically all the time. This basically eliminates ANY attempt at trying capture the brutal nature of NFL football.

2. Where Madden's player models seriously suffer is along the line of scrimmage. The Builds of the Linemen are ridiculous. There stomachs resemble Staircases more than they actually loook like Guts. This is also where the Hulking Shoulders and Huge Backs make the linemen look like short Blocks with arms.

The new ESPN player Models do a much better job scaling along the line of scrimmage wheras the Linemen are realistically proportioned and closer resmeble their real-life counterparts.

3. The Madden Players Are for the Most part ..."Soft". They just don't convey NFL toughness at all. Alot of the players are either too thin are too Bulkish thus giving them a Cartoonish look. For the Most part they seem Like teenage boys playing a Happy *** game of football rather than Grown men who shed blood and sweat in a barbaric sport.

4. I don't think ANYbody can provide enough, if ANY visual evidence of Madden to contest anything I've mentioned thus far.

5. Sure the NFL2k players may have boxish look but I bet If you scan through any Pro Football Magazines you'll still shots that look alot closer to ESPNFL screens that they do Madden's.

6. Overall ESPNFL has the most realistic looking player models in the Business...and I say this now after watching the Gamespot Vids...which I advise Madden Fans to do the same if they have a gamespot account which I'm sure most of you do.

how was that, ILLWiLL??
Old 07-30-2003, 10:51 AM   #67
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Kanobi said:
how was that, ILLWiLL??

Much better. I'm just sayin, these boards can do alot better w/o much of the trolling and degrading that others (and you) do. If you're going to rip a game, at least explain yourself -- no need to make inciteful comments...
Old 07-30-2003, 11:03 AM   #68
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

iLLWiLL said:
Quote:

Kanobi said:
how was that, ILLWiLL??

Much better. I'm just sayin, these boards can do alot better w/o much of the trolling and degrading that others (and you) do. If you're going to rip a game, at least explain yourself -- no need to make inciteful comments...

Understoood...point taken. But even though I'm very capable of explaining my stance it gets tiresome. Sometimes I just sum it up in one statement like the "Cartoon" statement I made earlier. Less trouble. lol! But I understand where you're comin from though.

Old 07-30-2003, 11:41 AM   #69
Rookie

simpsman2244's Arena

OVR: 3

i dont think that your right about espn looking good on the line of scrimmage.

in this pick, the o-lineman #60 has no gut, and looks like a runningback picking up the blitz. also look at #71 on the right side, he looks like a wr, when he is really a 305 pound guard

at least maddens players have some gut and neither of them look like their smiling either. though i do agree that maddens can look a bit stubby on the line
Old 07-30-2003, 12:24 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

undeniable... The size of the 2k models is great, but them jokers need ROUND STOMACHS FROM THE SIDE VIEW. It's almost like their 2-D like in the Dreamcast days. The look wide from the front, if a bit boxey, even with shading and everything to imply a gut, but on side views? Perfectly flat. I don't get it... There's even a picture of Drew Bledsoe about to be sacked by the patriots, and the lineman has what definitely looks like dunlap disease (belly DONE-LAPPED over his belt.) but then you see a side view shot and it's flat again.

Early vs. late player model build? Possible, but I don't think so because this has been the case every year. Just add a few pixels for lovehandles and poke out guts... All the 2k guys butts are pokin' out... just make their guts do the same.............I feel sick....
Old 07-30-2003, 12:36 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:

simpsman2244 said:
i dont think that your right about espn looking good on the line of scrimmage.

in this pick, the o-lineman #60 has no gut, and looks like a runningback picking up the blitz. also look at #71 on the right side, he looks like a wr, when he is really a 305 pound guard

at least maddens players have some gut and neither of them look like their smiling either. though i do agree that maddens can look a bit stubby on the line

That pic is from an early ESPN beta take a look at this
the players are perfectly porpotioned
Madden can't even get their cover boy Vick right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 12:47 PM   #72
Rookie

That pic is from an early ESPN beta take a look at this
this
and this
the players are perfectly porpotioned
Madden can't even get their cover boy Vick right http://www.operationsports.com/GameS...direction=next

(Madden)Looks like their made out of Playdoe

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »