Home

Great OTP Games Thread

This is a discussion on Great OTP Games Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Great OTP Games Thread

Post all Discussion about the OTP games you have played:

bengals v. cards(props to them for picking the cards)

out of the three wide they would run wells on a toss sweep a lot and we couldn't stop it. My idea was to feed benson the ball and throw short curls and slants control the clock and keep them off the field. we did well to control the clock but still couldn't stop them. They score on that sweep with 2 minutes left. we go down 21-14 with about 2:25 left we run our offense working on doing the same things short passing running and working our way down the field we have been working play action, and I go to throw it, owens is wide open, the animation won't let me then it comes u and I stupidly hit x again and hayes picks it off in the endzone.

20 seconds left down a touchdown they have the ball at their 20, smart play is to kneel and run the clock out. NO! they throw it to wells I am man on him with keith rivers ball gets stripped, we recover on their 19 with 14 seconds left firs play 4 wr spread slant to to 11 yards first and goal at the 8, next play same play my buddy cuts it underneath the lb catches it td with 4 seconds left.

MIllion dollar question win or tie?

f it man, we can't stop them, we go for 2 running gal line with benson powers over a tackler falls into the endzone, 2 pointer is good. we squib it, they run it out of bounds with one second left they throw a hail mary...........OH NO.....knocked down!

WE WIN WE WIN WE WIN!!!!!!!

holy cow what a crazy end to the game.

Last edited by kehlis; 08-21-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
re: Great OTP Games Thread

OTP is a lot of fun. More so, imo, because you are playing with friends most of the time.

[Mods, are we allowed to have Great OTP games thread? I think we should start an Official OTP thread and sticky it, but that's just me. OS's Madden page really lacks a good 'ol fun section to it. I do like the highlights thread though.]
Old 08-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #3
Rookie

yeah I think, because I'm playing unranked games I have no record but I believe I'm 7-6, we won 2 today destroying the pats 21-0 in the second before they quit. he kept trying to g to welker and joseph had 2 picks and shut him down.

the bengals are one of my favorite teams to use, great qb, rb, and good wrs, solid lines outstanding lb's and two good corners
Old 08-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

My friends and I have yet to lose a game of OTP yet. We have had a few close encounters, but we always came away with the victory. The key is communication, trust in your team mates, and it doesn't hurt when they are pretty good at the game as well. they trust me to be a play caller [QB/LB] and I trust them to make plays for us in the secondary and on the line [defensively] along with making big runs and catches when we need them most. It makes the whole thing very entertaining. I snap the ball to hand it off and it's pretty mcuh out of my hands at that point [for example.]
Old 08-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Great OTP Games Thread

Edited Title:

This thread can be used to discuss any great games you guys have had in OTP mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 07:42 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

Thanks kehlis!

So two OTP friends and I go into the loby and look for people to play against 3v3. We find a team that claims they are 19-0 in OTP [doesn't really matter though, it's all for fun.] We start up a game set to All-Madden, 8 min. quarters, normal game speed. One of my team mates is a Broncos fan, so I chose Denver and the Orange Crush throwbacks. We are facing off against the Bengals. On their opening drive I am getting a feel for what they like to do so I can adjust my defense accordingly. My opening drives I tend to take things a bit conservative and just try to not allow the big play. I tighten up and throw tricks as I begin to recognize the their play style. they work the ball down the field and eat up about 5min of game clock and have the ball inside the 10. These guys are good.

So, I have thrown a blitz here and there, and now it's time for a little trick I like to do online that my team mates are starting to understand at this point. I call a simple cover 2 zone under out of the 3-4 over. I tell my secondary player to "show blitz." I have our D-line player put our RE [the left guy from the offensive point of view] on a hook zone while I send our ILB [MLB#2] on a blitz to replace him. I tell him to control the LE and look to put pressure as He'll likely roll to his side. I control the ROLB and manually cover the far right between the flat zone and the middle of the field. I give these instructions as I am calling the play, knowing what I want. They set it up correctly and we are ready to go. The snap... the QB drops back, sees the blitzing MLB and rollls to his right our left where I predicted he would, seeing our end in his face and closing fast he fires the ball over the middle right into the hands of user controlled B-Dawk who takes the ball out of the endzone to the 4. I give him props for the pick, but harass him a moment for taking it out of the endzone.

I set all that up, not only because I thought it felt good to "force" an interception, but after that play we march down the field on an 18 play 10min 38 second drive to score with only seconds left in the half. That was the longest drive I have ever had in my history of Madden. We were held to 3rd down on every series and we were able to just get the needed yards on each 3rd down except one that we got easily. Many of the 3rd downs had the chain gang animation.

After that drive we kicked off, they ran the ball and we went to half time. We returned the opening kick of the 2ed half to the 19 and marched down the field a bit easier until we were inside the red zone where we were held to a FG. they responded by completing a bomb pass that the secondary player got a bit too aggressive on, but such is life, we are only up by three when in the middle of the drive our HB fumbles and they take over in the 4th. Not only does that happen, but after two broken tackles they score on a 30 yard run a few plays latter.

Down by 4 with just over 3min remaining and all three time outs, i was ready to "take over this game." Completing pass after pass, spreading the ball around to different receivers and my team mates we find ourselves in the red zone inside the two minute warning. I call a 3 wide single Back Z Spot. I tell my WR to break off the route before the curl at the end and go up field to the corner of the end zone. I press A to snap the ball, the auto motion kicks in, I read man, the ball is snaped, I drop back, feel the heat and make a quick dump off to the HB to the flats who puts on a shake with Knowshon Moreno and squirts his way into the endzone!!! We finish up by holding them to a 4 and out and a kneel down [tea bag formation.]

At the end we exchange GG's through messenger and go back into the loby where they post "Who wants a game? 19-1" That took class on their part, which is rare to see online. Looking back i kind of wish we had sent friend requests to play again some time and possibly change team mates up for the fun of it... too late now though, they are no longer on my "recent players list."
Old 08-22-2010, 10:09 PM   #7
Rookie

just won a huge game as the bills vs. the eagles.

I swithced to a 4-3 move stroud and edwards inside, carrington and maybin at end and moats at olb so I've got some excellent 65 and under players. Sub out jackson and put spiller in we get the ball, and are having a world of a time running, shocking as that may seem. so my buddy just decides to say hey lets' throw to spiller and so I do. we go down 7-0 early march down score the tying td, we can't stop them, not surprising. Brent celek is killing moats. mcgee and mckelvin do numbers on jackson and maclin so we're good outside, but after that we have florence, 68 overall. They march down the field score, we get the kickoff, and I've subbed spiller in to return kicks, this is what we've got. a couple nice blocks from me later he's gone 93 yard kick off return for a td. tied up at 14. at the half. we exchange possession in the 3rd and head into the 4th tied up. We're playing a hell of a game severely undermanned. they get the ball late in the 4th and march down and have a 4th and 7 on our 21, they originally opt to kick the field goal, but they stopped us twice and once we figured them out we were rolling. they go for it, somehow mccoy is left un covered over the middle and boom td with 1:47 left. down 21-14, fine lets do this. we get the ball and march down the field spiller left spiller right spiller over the middle we convert a 4th down with 13 seconds left go hurry up, get the ball snapped with 1 second left my buddy runs a fantastic route with spiller, breaks a tackle at the goal line we score as time expires!!!!! and we go for 2, hardy catches the slant and boom game over we win again 22-21

we are the cardiac kids of online team play
Old 08-23-2010, 08:07 PM   #8
Rookie

not really a great game but finally some defense. we played 7 minute quarters on all madden and we won 23-7, they scored their only td with one minute left. packers v falcons.

I think we combined for under 500 yards of total offense, running was next to impossible, however, it was a great game. Blitzes worked, we actually got a sack, then another sack for a safety, it was 10-0 us at the half. we took the ball and scored on a 19 play 12 minute drive spanning the 3rd and half the 4th quarter. heir next series I get a user pick retur it for a td, and proceed to miss the extra point. whatever. we won 23-7 and I love otp and defense actally mattered and the guys we played were pretty cool and played not like dicks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »