Home

Upgrading Superstar mode in Madden

This is a discussion on Upgrading Superstar mode in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Upgrading Superstar mode in Madden

I dont know if its me or does anyone else have a lack of interest in the Superstar mode in Madden. Its been the same since Madden 09, no change to it at all. EA should take some notes from 2k when it comes to a My Player mode in Madden. Like i think that they should make it that when you creat you player you should have to go through the NFL Combine and be able to work out with nfl teams and when you get drafted you should have anacutal training camp and play in the preseson games and if you dont impress the coaches you should be placed on the teams practice squad when the season starts. Also after every game or offence and defence scrimigages you should earn skill points to upgrade your stats, not just geting 100 points to put on whatever. Also if you dont make the team you should be sent to the Arena football leauge or the Canadian football leauge. So yeah i think EA could learn a thing or two from 2K about making a My Player mode for Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Upgrading Superstar mode in Madden

I don't know about being sent to the AFL or CFL, but if they can improve Franchise as much as they promise and Superstar this year, it will be the most improved Madden ever. The thing that made Superstar so fun to me in the past was the feeling that you were actually living the life of a player. You were given a variety of options and activities to participate in and it really felt like your player had a personality. Now it's just shallow and lame.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

Madden needs to make a Superstar mode like NBA 2k5's (is it 2k5?) "The Life".
Old 08-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #4
Banned

yeah but its been the same since Madden 09. If they added the options like negotiating contracts,an actual training camp,practice squad,and other things like that would improve the mode so much. But one day I would like to see a My Player mode to Madden
Old 08-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

I think 2k should make another game similar to "Backbreaker", just not so arcade-style. Cause even though they don't have the license, they always have better sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
Banned

yeah or EA should do what NBA elite is doing and thats just starting over from scratch and try to revive football gaming because if they can do that it could make everyone for get about backbreaker.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

How do you use a veteran player in Superstar mode?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #8
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcapedwonder
How do you use a veteran player in Superstar mode?
You can't. Shot down my dreams of writing a story-Superstar with Flozell Adams.

Anyways, they don't even need to copy 2k sports, or even other EA Sports titles. All they have to do is go back to Madden 06, when they first invented the mode, and put back in ALL of the things they simply took out for no reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »