Home

the Spin Move

This is a discussion on the Spin Move within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
the Spin Move

Most of us all know how to use the spin move as a juke move, and many of us do just that. When playing against the computer I have been teaching myself not to though because that is not how the spin move is really used in real life.

I was watching this video on YouTube about Marshal Faulk when I was finally able to put my finger on why the spin was so effective in Madden but not nearly as such in "other games." namely, the spin move in madden is normally a wide spin, while real players sort of spin in place, or try to spin out of tackles. Starting around 1:20 in the video you see him spin off a teammate and then in another clip right after you see him make a tight [as in very small distance, but the slang works too I guess] spin to avoid a defender.

The big difference is that in Madden, you can just spin away from a defender far better, in most cases than any juke move you can use with the sticks. Am I right in thinking the spin move shuld be a much tighter spin? Wouldn't that be far more realistic? Would that make the spin move less effective in the open field, but more effective in tight spaces? Combined with the chance of fumbling while spinning [getting hit, not just random fumbles] improve the strategy of when a spin is employed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: the Spin Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Most of us all know how to use the spin move as a juke move, and many of us do just that. When playing against the computer I have been teaching myself not to though because that is not how the spin move is really used in real life.

I was watching this video on YouTube about Marshal Faulk when I was finally able to put my finger on why the spin was so effective in Madden but not nearly as such in "other games." namely, the spin move in madden is normally a wide spin, while real players sort of spin in place, or try to spin out of tackles. Starting around 1:20 in the video you see him spin off a teammate and then in another clip right after you see him make a tight [as in very small distance, but the slang works too I guess] spin to avoid a defender.

The big difference is that in Madden, you can just spin away from a defender far better, in most cases than any juke move you can use with the sticks. Am I right in thinking the spin move shuld be a much tighter spin? Wouldn't that be far more realistic? Would that make the spin move less effective in the open field, but more effective in tight spaces? Combined with the chance of fumbling while spinning [getting hit, not just random fumbles] improve the strategy of when a spin is employed?
Tap spin button= quick spin
Hold spin button= wide spin

Thats what I always thought, I noticed a difference too so thats what I always figured.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

As it stands now the spin is practically unstoppable.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 17

I have suggestion why not just disable spin to any character with less than 85 in agility.

MLB: ALTANTA BRAV3S
NFL: KANSAS CITY CH3IFS
NBA: SAN ANTONIO SPURS

Last edited by ak47jared; 08-22-2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:29 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 33

spin>>>>>>>>>>juke.

real life. quick cut>juke>spin
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2010, 06:46 AM   #6
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah good spot PG. I wondered why spin was so over effective in Madden. Needs to be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »