Home

Do You Choose Your Favorite Team For Your Franchise Mode !

This is a discussion on Do You Choose Your Favorite Team For Your Franchise Mode ! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 06:44 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Do You Choose Your Favorite Team For Your Franchise Mode !

i always use the Redskins. The Lions would be fun to rebuild though. Play on a pretty hard difficulty and try to make it a struggle like it would be in real life.
WASHINGTONWIZARDS
MICHIGANWOLVERINES
Old 08-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #18
Rookie

Double C's Arena

OVR: 22

I always play with the 49ers. At least offline.

My screenshot albums
Just Win on Madden Baby
Old 08-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #19
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

I always use my Browns, and not only because they are my favorite team, but because they usually aren't very good. A big part of my fun is building a team from crappy into a super bowl team. It took me 3 full seasons to do that with the Browns in Madden 10, playing about one game per night.

However, so far in Madden 11 I'm using a horrible created team, intentionally, to see if I can build them into a winner. So far in season one I'm 0-5. Haha.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #20
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

I have three franchises going at the moment as I usually sim or occasionally play a game in coach mode. I've got one franchise going with my favorite team, Ravens, and then two more, where I try and rebuild the Bucs and the Bills, respectively.

However, franchise in Madden 11 (and the previous couple of years) plays like an arcade game and is not really challenging. I am hoping that EA does wonders with franchise for Madden 12.

I'd like to see them incorporate an improved free agent/contract negotiation AI, expand rosters, make injury reserve work, rework the depth chart and have coaches that affect your style of play. And my most requested feature for franchise mode in Madden 12 is having team/system specific player ratings rather than overall ratings. A 90 ovr 4-3 DE should not be a 90 ovr 3-4 DE, period.

Last edited by guaps; 08-23-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:08 PM   #21
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

I struggle with this issue all the time. My favorite team is the Jets. For whatever reason, I struggle with using them in a Franchise mode. During this entire off season when they were acquiring talent left and right, I was like this is it, this is the year I finally use them because of all the new guys they got.

Well, I still haven't started my Franchise yet, but I'm not entirely sure what I'm gonna do. I think it's the fact that I try to mirror my "Madden Jets" so much to what the real life Jets do. Call me crazy, I'm not sure what it could otherwise. I also like using teams that have some of my other favorite players in the league. My favorite players are Ray Rice, Mark Sanchez, Taylor Mays, Michael Crabtree, etc... My friend plays on the Packers, I've used them as well.

I would suggest using whatever team you think you can stick with, and ENJOY playing with. Whether that be for the uniforms, stadium, players, coaches, anything man. Just enjoy it, after all, it is a video game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 25

I'm telling you guys, it's no joke..

every year, EVERY YEAR I think "I'm doing a JETS chise" and I do begin a JETS franchise since they're MY team.. but something happens

a disconnect from reality and you just cannot keep it going

suspension of disbelief is what we fight against..

-if our team is doing horrible in game but great irl, we wonder what's wrong
-if our team is amazing in game but is 1-12 irl, it's over
-if mark sanchez is throwing for 5000 yds and 30 touchdowns but irl he's just thrown 4 int's and the jets are on a 3 game losing streak, it's over

that is why it's so rough to actually have a franchise for our favorite teams, we try to mimic reality when it's impossible to
Old 08-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for all the advice guys i really appreciate it ....im gonna use my LIONS!

One word !

CALVIN

My YouTube Ch. Mr360BeasTx
GOD BLESS !
Old 08-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

A couple of years ago I decided to do a Texans franchise since they're a team I neither love nor hate.

The first season was great. When Ahman Green went down for the year, I didn't care. When I lost Schaub for the year, I dealt with it. It was great having somewhat of a disconnect from the team.

After four seasons, I had won three straight Super Bowls. And I still didn't really care. There was no real joy. I remember thinking "it would be so much more fun to dominate with the Niners." So after that, I'm back to playing with my team again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »