Home

Idea for Madden Team: FG Kicking

This is a discussion on Idea for Madden Team: FG Kicking within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Idea for Madden Team: FG Kicking

I think the best system would be ot have a cross "+" and have the meter move from left to right be for accuracy and the meter move from top to bottom for power. A perfect kick would be getting both meters in the middle of the cross, but if you needed to aim left then you would have to be to the left of the middle of the cross when you stopped the meter. This way we could do away with an arrow pointing to the were the ball is going to go. I think this would be a challenge and really be a fun way to kick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 08-23-2010, 02:05 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
I think the best system would be ot have a cross "+" and have the meter move from left to right be for accuracy and the meter move from top to bottom for power. A perfect kick would be getting both meters in the middle of the cross, but if you needed to aim left then you would have to be to the left of the middle of the cross when you stopped the meter. This way we could do away with an arrow pointing to the were the ball is going to go. I think this would be a challenge and really be a fun way to kick.
This would be kinda cool too I could definitely see this working and being more challenging and fun
Old 08-23-2010, 02:40 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

i dont really mind the lag online because it does make it harder. but it just stupid that it happens like that.

They need to bring back the picture of the football to aim where to kick height wise instead of the good awful arrow. They used for onside kicks and it was used in the gameday series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMikeBarker
All Madden has to do from last years kicking meter is change the camera angle. They should bring the camera right behind where the holder would place the ball.

What they really should do for the kicking game is add a bend effect to the kicks. Real field goal kicks have you guessing whether it's going in or not; it would look a lot better.
I agree. You are right. Kinda like NCAA11 where the angle is slightly off center. Its all about angles.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #13
Os Before Hoes

True Talent's Arena

OVR: 5

For right now I just supersim FG's. I wish they would have an option similar to NBA 2K's free throw shooting where you don't do the work but have it based on ratings.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love all of you guys ideas and would really like to see a more challenging fg system.The 3 most important componets to kicking a fg are.

1.The snap(we never see bad snaps in madden)
2.The catch and placement of the ball spinning the laces (i never seen a misque in all my life in madden)
3.The plant and kick (kicker has never slipped in bad weather)

What ever happened to if it's in the game its in the game EA!

I still have faith so EA get it together peace.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

[quote=TruSimGamer;2041508567]I love all of you guys ideas and would really like to see a more challenging fg system.The 3 most important componets to kicking a fg are.

1.The snap(we never see bad snaps in madden)

I absolutely love the idea of having bad snaps, this would be cool for punts every now and then too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Talent
For right now I just supersim FG's. I wish they would have an option similar to NBA 2K's free throw shooting where you don't do the work but have it based on ratings.
agreed. Would love to watch FGs and have ratings determine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »