Home

Is the nano blitz a glitch?

This is a discussion on Is the nano blitz a glitch? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is the nano blitz a glitch?

This guy I was playing against was blitzing me up the middle just with his MLB, and at least three quarters of the time was getting through untouched no matter what I did (slide protection, etc.) He kept saying it wasn't a glitch, and I should just learn to stop it. Who's right here? Anyway, the guy's name is RockyJr25 (XBOX 360) just to warn everyone to not play him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Is the nano blitz a glitch?

According to most Madden sites, it's Strategy, and even the EA/Tiburon crew seemed to acknowledge it as viable with 'Nano' based achievements last year.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurr1cane17
This guy I was playing against was blitzing me up the middle just with his MLB, and at least three quarters of the time was getting through untouched no matter what I did (slide protection, etc.) He kept saying it wasn't a glitch, and I should just learn to stop it. Who's right here? Anyway, the guy's name is RockyJr25 (XBOX 360) just to warn everyone to not play him.

someone did this to me last night with demarcus ware. untouched, got to my qb before i could even release/handoff in shotgun. The only way to stop this is to screen pass.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:35 PM   #4
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

It's a cheap tactic, like always going for it on 4th or camping/spawn killing in FPS games.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisasticup
someone did this to me last night with demarcus ware. untouched, got to my qb before i could even release/handoff in shotgun. The only way to stop this is to screen pass.
If he was running between the guard and center he was qb spy glitching u. I hate glitchers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyy26Bosox7
If he was running between the guard and center he was qb spy glitching u. I hate glitchers.
yeah thats what he was doing. i got sacked 9 times by him, and still lost by only 2 points.
Old 08-28-2010, 04:16 AM   #7
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

it feels like getting raped over and over again. I try to play within the parameters of real life football. But some stuff I'm tempted to do the same thing to the other person and see if they can stop it. Of course it becomes a glitchfest. Luckily most players like that usually lack any real skills and just be able to outscore or outplay the other person. Its just a maTter of wills.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:00 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I really don't think it's a glitch per-say, as it is more of an exploit of the AI. There are people that lab these exploits to see how the AI reacts and to find the weaknesses where in conventional football they would be picked up, in Madden they look to see where the AI hiccups and makes repeated mistakes in positioning and judgment. Basically forcing any staunch offensive line to play well below their capability due to their AI shortcomings as well as forcing an offense to use hurry offense along with the shotgun and screen passes.

The ebb and flow of the game is dictated almost consistently by those fluent in the nano blitz and though an offense can counter it albeit with a slim margin for error, it really does make playing less enjoyable, lackluster and boring. It really isn't skill as much as it is research and repetition, it is akin to someone setting up a trick shot in billiards. It really just forces an offense to throw up their own form of repetative counter playcalling which makes the game even duller.

I enjoy playing a more encompassing playbook and strive to play more like real football and I don't lab but I do practice on occasion just to get a feel for plays I'm not too familiar with.

Everyone has their own style of play but I really take great delight in finding other enthusiasts who play the game without trying to take advantage of certain exploits at every given turn. Its seems the more competitive this game becomes the less enjoyable and the more apparant its faults seem to be. I really do think its time that more NFL games be made by different developers to see what progress can be made because they really havent fully realized or tapped into this current generation of technology, not just yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »