Home

How many people here who bought Madden 11....

This is a discussion on How many people here who bought Madden 11.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: If you bought Madden on release day do you...
I still have it, I love it! 53 58.24%
Yea I Bought it but I hardly play it 27 29.67%
Sold it 5 5.49%
Traded it in for another new release coming out 6 6.59%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: How many people here who bought Madden 11....

I still have it. Until I found the slider set from Versuz2; I was pretty much waiting for the patches to make the defense more believeable and get back to a somewhat of a sim football game.

I played Madden 10 (on default All-Pro) until the release of NCAA 11. So, my expectations were a little to high. I am just disturbed how poorly Madden 11 played in its' default out of the box settings. I can't imagine the folks tuning the game actually believed the "defense" was on point and offense players didn't break to many tackles.

What do I know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 11:53 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

Another poll!!!!!!geeesh
Old 08-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #27
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

I still have it, I love it!
Old 08-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #28
MVP

Clarke_311's Arena

OVR: 20

I gave in and got the game, and I'm very happy I did. I have been playing the game non-stop since I got it.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Sold it already.

I did

I got my copy on release day and wasn't too impressed, went back to MLB The Show 10 for awhile, played Madden a few times again and while there are things I liked about it, namely the running game and the lighting that was about it. I hate the animations, the players move somewhat jerky at times, they still "skate" around. Needless to say this will be my last Madden. They should switch with 2K, give them the NFL and EA should make MVP Baseball again.

Just my 2 cents
I got 2 copies I got it for 360 and ps3 and I sold my xbox madden because I am used to the PS3 Controller Not saying ps3 is better no system wars please it just that I have played madden on ps3 since madden 2002 and I prefer to keep all of my sports games on playstation and all of my shooters on xbox.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #30
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Have it but have not put in my disk tray since the Friday of release week.

I will probably play it again in the near future to make up my mind if I want to hang on to it or just cut bait now.

Not a bad game, just a very average one. A Madden that is slightly better than last year's version is no longer good enough for me. Just can't get excited about this game's lack of fundamentals and innovation anymore. And no, sliders are not an innovation lol.

Just kidding slider enthusiasts.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz
I got 2 copies I got it for 360 and ps3 and I sold my xbox madden because I am used to the PS3 Controller Not saying ps3 is better no system wars please it just that I have played madden on ps3 since madden 2002 and I prefer to keep all of my sports games on playstation and all of my shooters on xbox.

I rented them for both systems before sticking with Xbox. The online is more reliable for 360 imo and the game runs smoother. Although PS3 looks a tad nicer.

So far the defense is slow to react, offense gets too many broken tackles and the CPU seems to connect on almost all third down conversions while my team drops wide open passes or throws incomplete on wide open shots as well.

I do like not having a turbo button.

I hate the GameFlow. It personally enjoy calling my own plays and am familiar with formations, and coverage’s. I enjoy being unpredictable lulling my opponent down running 6 times in a row just to set up a favorable one on one matchup for my receivers. Or hitting a nice PA pass on 3rd and short. GameFlow usually calls the worse plays like a FG on 3rd down with 8-12 seconds in a half or game. If your close enough that usually means one shot and take the three.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 0

Sold both NCAA & Madden last week to get Mafia 2. Both game were incredibly dull. Good thing I only paid 20 for them each.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »