Home

Flaws in Madden finally admitted

This is a discussion on Flaws in Madden finally admitted within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2003, 11:45 PM   #17
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Flaws in Madden finally admitted

whinerChamp!!! Whats up, man! Its me..."Slo-Nobi" lol! good to see ya Bro. How are things at MaddenMania??? Do still post over there?
Old 07-29-2003, 11:48 PM   #18
MVP

soxboy7's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

fossen said:
Quote:

moderators, why aren't all these ESPN football fanatics not warned or banned? The guy who created this thread has no interest in Madden yet he comes to the board to gloat about a negative complaint that wasn't even there.

No. He didn't. This was originally posted on the ESPN Board. As a discussion of a Madden 2004 preview it is off-topic there. So I moved it.

You'll note that the description for this Madden 2004 Forum is not "Praise Madden In Here!" or "Show Your Madden Love!" - this is for discussion of a certain game. These game-specific forums are not designed to keep squabbling groups of children playing nicely.

"stay on your message board"? Give me a break.

Fossen, you've been my favorite Mod for a while now. But you are way off base here. Keeping the madden guys separated from the ESPN guys is a big part IMO of making the hot games forums. I know that I have less info than you on this topic. But besides actually making the Pro Football forum readable again, spearating the two groups of fans is a very important benefit
Old 07-30-2003, 12:05 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

soxboy7 said:
Quote:

fossen said:
Quote:

moderators, why aren't all these ESPN football fanatics not warned or banned? The guy who created this thread has no interest in Madden yet he comes to the board to gloat about a negative complaint that wasn't even there.

No. He didn't. This was originally posted on the ESPN Board. As a discussion of a Madden 2004 preview it is off-topic there. So I moved it.

You'll note that the description for this Madden 2004 Forum is not "Praise Madden In Here!" or "Show Your Madden Love!" - this is for discussion of a certain game. These game-specific forums are not designed to keep squabbling groups of children playing nicely.

"stay on your message board"? Give me a break.

Fossen, you've been my favorite Mod for a while now. But you are way off base here. Keeping the madden guys separated from the ESPN guys is a big part IMO of making the hot games forums. I know that I have less info than you on this topic. But besides actually making the Pro Football forum readable again, spearating the two groups of fans is a very important benefit

I totally agree with you on this one. I come to this forum to discuss Madden not see it bashed. What was the point of this post other than to try to start a flame war anyways?
Old 07-30-2003, 12:29 AM   #20
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

I come to this forum to discuss Madden not see it bashed.

OK, ODogg. Let's say you get home, open up Madden, and don't like it. For whatever reason. Not that you suddenly love ESPN, but you're just disappointed in Madden.

Where are you going to discuss that? If the Madden Forum is just to "discuss" (i.e. say nice things about) Madden, and bashing is not allowed, what are you going to do? Or would it be OK for some people to come in to the Madden Forum and complain? Because they are somehow card-carrying "Maddenites", having proven themselves by posting here before? Who makes that decision about who belongs in which camp, and who is allowed to complain, and who isn't?

I will buy both games, and probably greatly enjoy both games. But if something in Madden bugs me, am I not allowed to post here? Should I bash Madden in the ESPN forum, even though it's off-topic?

These forums are for discussing individual games. They are not armed camps. Everyone here is a member of OS, not a member of the "Madden Forum" or the "ESPN Forum".

Remember - Hot Games are temporary, but Pro Football is forever.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:38 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

fossen said:
Quote:

I come to this forum to discuss Madden not see it bashed.

OK, ODogg. Let's say you get home, open up Madden, and don't like it. For whatever reason. Not that you suddenly love ESPN, but you're just disappointed in Madden.

Where are you going to discuss that? If the Madden Forum is just to "discuss" (i.e. say nice things about) Madden, and bashing is not allowed, what are you going to do? Or would it be OK for some people to come in to the Madden Forum and complain? Because they are somehow card-carrying "Maddenites", having proven themselves by posting here before? Who makes that decision about who belongs in which camp, and who is allowed to complain, and who isn't?

I will buy both games, and probably greatly enjoy both games. But if something in Madden bugs me, am I not allowed to post here? Should I bash Madden in the ESPN forum, even though it's off-topic?

These forums are for discussing individual games. They are not armed camps. Everyone here is a member of OS, not a member of the "Madden Forum" or the "ESPN Forum".

Remember - Hot Games are temporary, but Pro Football is forever.

I think the difference here is about, before the game is released people complain about it simply to start a "Flame War"...If for instance you get the game have an issue with it....it can be discussed here....just NOT before the game is released.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 12:38 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

let's not lose sight of what we are talking about here... it's one thing for a guy to say he doesn't like the way the screenshots look for a certain game, he thinks the gameplay looks weird in the movies, etc.... but when a guy comes on a board and COMPLETELY LIES about ign not liking madden's db a.i. when it is obvious from reading ign's july 28th read up that they were VERY HAPPY with madden's db a.i., that is what gets me rattled... if you noticed, i challenged him in an earlier post to give us a link where he read ign did NOT like madden's db a.i. ... he has not responded, and i knew he wouldn't... i have no problem with people bashing madden, JUST DON'T MAKE THINGS UP!! whats up, kanobi... yeah the mm site is still rolling... looks like bly is stepping down and mad sci is taking over, with help from chrisS... you can read about it on the main page... how are you doin??
Old 07-30-2003, 12:43 AM   #23
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

but when a guy comes on a board and COMPLETELY LIES about ign not liking madden's db a.i. when it is obvious from reading ign's july 28th read up that they were VERY HAPPY with madden's db a.i., that is what gets me rattled... if you noticed, i challenged him in an earlier post to give us a link where he read ign did NOT like madden's db a.i. ... he has not responded, and i knew he wouldn't... i have no problem with people bashing madden, JUST DON'T MAKE THINGS UP!!

Which, again, is why the post was moved here.

If it's discussing Madden, it should be here. This the the OS center of Madden knowledge. Would it have been better left in the ESPN Forum? How long till a Madden fan read it, and took him to task? How long until we see "Maddenites Invade!!!"

Old 07-30-2003, 03:53 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I agree with the basics of what you say but as I said basically this guy posted this here as a gleeful reporting in a tone of "i told you so" and then finished it up with how he was dissapointed it didn't rate lower than 2k games, which from his post one is led to believe he believes are superior.

It is not like he indicated his own constructive opinion on the game other than was just trying to stir up a "yer game sucks" and "my game (ESPN) is better" which I for one and kinda of sick of hearing from Sega zealots.

If you want to ask legit questions, discuss ways to improve or offer legitimate debate fine. But just pointing out an "aha! gotcha, you guys game stinks" post is trolling IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »