Home

How to deal with cheesers, specifically the nano blitz

This is a discussion on How to deal with cheesers, specifically the nano blitz within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 09:32 AM   #17
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: How to deal with cheesers, specifically the nano blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
There are a lot of ways to deal with the nano now since Madden 09. There are a lot of sim ways to deal with the nano since Madden 09. I agree with AJ, though I don't think he is giving credit where credit is do regarding the power of a nano in online play. We are still playing Madden, a game with AI flaws that people try to exploit. I haven't faced a true nano yet, at least not one I couldn't beat, but maybe it's just that, I haven't faced it yet. I tend to get the ball off quickly anyway.

@adembroski Honestly, a real nano in Madden, to me, has been when you can send around 4 rushers and get one unblocked consistently. I'm not talking about D. Freeney or J. Allen rushing you either, Set ups where your linemen "derp" on a play "every time."
that no longer exists.

the QB spy nano is a legit nano- It is a glitch and will be patched.

outside of that YOU WILL NOT find a consistent 4 man and under blitz package that gets consistent heat everytime when proper blocking adjustments are made.

now if I bring 6 pass rushers I can most certainly get constent pressure but that should be expected as the more defenders i bring the more pressure I will get.

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #18
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
There is no such thing as a nano blitz in the "cheese" sense. If you don't have enough people to block the blitzers, you can't block them. Period. NFL teams overload all the damn time...

Interesting that someone mentioned "abusing the flats" as a counter. In this context, you aren't abusing anything. That's precisely how NFL teams counter "nano blitzing".

The nano blitz is an example of how little people really understand the sport.

"he's cheesing me by sending all his rushers from the same side!"

"HA! Cheese him back by throwing to a back to that side! MWAHAHAHA! I'm so insidious!"

Translation...

NFL Quarterback: They're overloading the weak side, we can't slide there quick enough."

NFL Head Coach: Shorten your drop, dump it off to your hot read. They can't cover everyone if everyone's coming after you.

A lot of the "realism" issues you experience online are only issues because people don't call games like NFL coaches. How often do you think NFL teams blitz? Even 3-4 teams rarely send more than 5 when they do blitz... there are 4 rushers on the majority of plays. How often do you think NFL teams bump and run? Most of them... once a quarter, maybe, in specific circumstances. How often do you think an NFL quarterback or center makes a line adjustment? Probably every other play... I'm willing to bet Madden players make line adjustments once or twice a game. How many Madden players understand hot routes (in the NFL sense, not the Madden sense)?

The nano blitz isn't a product of the other guy cheesing, its a product of you not knowing your hot receivers or accounting for potential rushers in your blocking scheme. Everyone's concerned with how to read coverage... if you really want this game to be sim, you're gonna have to learn to read the front.
great post...couldnt agree more

www.MaddenTips.com

Old 08-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Nahhh, there is the 46 Normal Inside Blitz with the QB Spy, sub in your fast Safety or CB at the OLB spot using the speed package and line up ON the LOS between the C and guard. This is a B&^$h to play against. You can't even slide protect against it. I played one guy that did this and lost the game pretty bad because I could not pass the ball at all. While he was sending 6 people, this was a nano blitz in the sense that it took him LESS THAN A SECOND to be all over my QB. This is where the auto drop is a problem. I did run the ball for almost 200 but was already down and was just trying to get the game over with. You can easily run on that mess, but passing you better get really creative until EA releases the patch.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:47 AM   #20
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Nahhh, there is the 46 Normal Inside Blitz with the QB Spy, sub in your fast Safety or CB at the OLB spot using the speed package and line up ON the LOS between the C and guard. This is a B&^$h to play against. You can't even slide protect against it. I played one guy that did this and lost the game pretty bad because I could not pass the ball at all. While he was sending 6 people, this was a nano blitz in the sense that it took him LESS THAN A SECOND to be all over my QB. This is where the auto drop is a problem. I did run the ball for almost 200 but was already down and was just trying to get the game over with. You can easily run on that mess, but passing you better get really creative until EA releases the patch.
If I send 6 pass rushers at your 5 offensive linemen and If I place a fast DB in the A gap...of course I will shoot free untouched and sack the QB.

If you were to block the TE on the LOS and pinch down...or even use a play with two blue routes...or power slide block your HB...This pressure WILL be picked up.

I use the 46 playbooka and I use the inside blitz play a lot. Its weakeness are also int he flats or anyone of of my WR's that I can hit with a unbumpable or just beat deep over the top.

This is not a nano blitz...this is a overload. It is what teams in the NFL do every Sunday. Its your job to identify the pressure- pick it up- and throw the ball for some yards

I also want to know that anything referring to user blitzing with the QB spy...is a glitch...whether you send 1,2,3,4 etc if you blitz manually using the QB tactic it is a glitch...however this isnt even a concern as EA is patching this..

Also for those of you that want to stop the QB spy blitz...here you go...!

DEN -offensive playbook
Bronco heavy- formation
Block both HB's int he backfield and pinch down. this will pick the pressure up. from here use hot routes to get your other three WR's open.

www.MaddenTips.com

Last edited by sgibs7; 08-25-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
If I send 6 pass rushers at your 5 offensive linemen and If I place a fast DB in the A gap...of course I will shoot free untouched and sack the QB.

If you were to block the TE on the LOS and pinch down...or even use a play with two blue routes...or power slide block your HB...This pressure WILL be picked up.

I use the 46 playbooka and I use the inside blitz play a lot. Its weakeness are also int he flats or anyone of of my WR's that I can hit with a unbumpable or just beat deep over the top.

This is not a nano blitz...this is a overload. It is what teams in the NFL do every Sunday. Its your job to identify the pressure- pick it up- and throw the ball for some yards

I also want to know that anything referring to user blitzing with the QB spy...is a glitch...whether you send 1,2,3,4 etc if you blitz manually using the QB tactic it is a glitch...however this isnt even a concern as EA is patching this..

Also for those of you that want to stop the QB spy blitz...here you go...!

DEN -offensive playbook
Bronco heavy- formation
Block both HB's int he backfield and pinch down. this will pick the pressure up. from here use hot routes to get your other three WR's open.

You are right if I only had 5 blockers. However, I recognize most D plays in this game easy. With regard to the 46 I've seen that so many times I know it when I see it. So I know what I'm looking at. I kept 6, 7 blockers in and he still ran right up the gap in less than a second. I couldn't even screen it because of the auto drop back. My QB would take 1 step in his drop and that bastard was all over him. Lastly, I don't want to run the Denver play book just to stop some cheap a$$ garbage that EA allowed to slip through the cracks. If it sounds like I am angry, I am, because I told them to test for this garbage and it still slips through the damn cracks

Again you are right, in it's default form it is not a nano blitz. Every defensive play in the game in their default form is not a nano blitz. But they CAN be a nano blitz when a user starts applying cheap BS to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 10:16 AM   #22
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
You are right if I only had 5 blockers. However, I recognize most D plays in this game easy. With regard to the 46 I've seen that so many times I know it when I see it. So I know what I'm looking at. I kept 6, 7 blockers in and he still ran right up the gap in less than a second. I couldn't even screen it because of the auto drop back. My QB would take 1 step in his drop and that bastard was all over him. Lastly, I don't want to run the Denver play book just to stop some cheap a$$ garbage that EA allowed to slip through the cracks. If it sounds like I am angry, I am, because I told them to test for this garbage and it still slips through the damn cracks

Again you are right, in it's default form it is not a nano blitz. Every defensive play in the game in their default form is not a nano blitz. But they CAN be a nano blitz when a user starts applying cheap BS to them.
Sounds like he was usering the QB spy glitch on you then. Because there is no blitz in this game- nor has there been one since Madden 08 that would consistently get through everytime even with adjustments made.

He was most likely setting up the inside blitz then and using the QB spy tactic.

If you were blocking 6 and 7 and he was simply setting up the inside blitz as it...well then thats a whole nother story...

also there are many other ways to beat the QB spy glitch...not just using bronco heavy...i was simply giving a option to the most effective way to stop it.

finding palys with double blue routes work very nicely as well as slide blocking with a pinch down.

www.MaddenTips.com

Old 08-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
Sounds like he was usering the QB spy glitch on you then. Because there is no blitz in this game- nor has there been one since Madden 08 that would consistently get through everytime even with adjustments made.

He was most likely setting up the inside blitz then and using the QB spy tactic.

If you were blocking 6 and 7 and he was simply setting up the inside blitz as it...well then thats a whole nother story...

also there are many other ways to beat the QB spy glitch...not just using bronco heavy...i was simply giving a option to the most effective way to stop it.

finding palys with double blue routes work very nicely as well as slide blocking with a pinch down.
Yeah that's what I indicated earlier, he was using the 46 Inside Blitz with the QB Spy glitch. It is absolutely stupid.

I'll try some of the double blue route plays in my book next time. I have a couple.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:37 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
There is no such thing as a nano blitz in the "cheese" sense. If you don't have enough people to block the blitzers, you can't block them. Period. NFL teams overload all the damn time...

Interesting that someone mentioned "abusing the flats" as a counter. In this context, you aren't abusing anything. That's precisely how NFL teams counter "nano blitzing".

The nano blitz is an example of how little people really understand the sport.

"he's cheesing me by sending all his rushers from the same side!"

"HA! Cheese him back by throwing to a back to that side! MWAHAHAHA! I'm so insidious!"

Translation...

NFL Quarterback: They're overloading the weak side, we can't slide there quick enough."

NFL Head Coach: Shorten your drop, dump it off to your hot read. They can't cover everyone if everyone's coming after you.

A lot of the "realism" issues you experience online are only issues because people don't call games like NFL coaches. How often do you think NFL teams blitz? Even 3-4 teams rarely send more than 5 when they do blitz... there are 4 rushers on the majority of plays. How often do you think NFL teams bump and run? Most of them... once a quarter, maybe, in specific circumstances. How often do you think an NFL quarterback or center makes a line adjustment? Probably every other play... I'm willing to bet Madden players make line adjustments once or twice a game. How many Madden players understand hot routes (in the NFL sense, not the Madden sense)?

The nano blitz isn't a product of the other guy cheesing, its a product of you not knowing your hot receivers or accounting for potential rushers in your blocking scheme. Everyone's concerned with how to read coverage... if you really want this game to be sim, you're gonna have to learn to read the front.

well said my good man, well said indeed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »