Home

Please remove importing of draft classes

This is a discussion on Please remove importing of draft classes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 31
Please remove importing of draft classes

In case the Madden team surfs around these forums any, I would like to be the first to ask them to just please remove importing of draft classes for Madden 12.

Madden 11s imported classes are terrible, and if they arent going to put the little need effort to make them right, then just remove the option because im sick of it. Im sick of playing this game more and more to only find more and more details screwed up.
1) Quarterbacks ratings are terrible, obviously because NCAA and MADDEN have different ratings for QBs.
2) Equipment is randomized. Full cage helmets on QBs, robot helmets on Qbs, kicker helmets on lineman, etc.
3) Player sizes are way off and stupid looking. I like how my 5'7 190 running back has arms the size of my lineman. Garbage.

Please allow us to edit a player completely from ratings to physical features, or just remove importing. Sad thing is that the only thing worse than the importing errors is the madden generated draft classes. Another no win scenario.

Anyone know if this will be patched. Ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Please remove importing of draft classes

IBL

Never had any issues with imported draft classes here.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
IBL

Never had any issues with imported draft classes here.
Im sure you have the same issues, you just arent paying attention.

Should I post pictures?
Old 08-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

OVR: 4

While I agree with just bout everything you said there's a few theads with some tips I've found to work and give some pretty realistic draft classes, here's what I did....

1. Edit the rosters in NCAA 10 to reflect 1st round players with high AWR 90-99 range, I also create a few points difference between the top player at a position and the next player. Example Jake Locker was rated 99 and next QB was Ryan Mallett at 94, when I imported Locker was top QB and was and 81 with A+ potential THP 92 THA 85 SPD 81...Mallett was 75 with B+ potential THP 97 THA 77. Go over each position and work to get a goood balance.

2. Once Roster in NCAA are set, I sim the season with injuries off for my 1st class, I also alway save a back-up file right before creating a class to import.

3. In Madden buy the scout packs! Yes I hate micro-transaction but this is the only way to check the class and make sure players are close to real-life as possible. Sim Preseason and save the file before you advance to week #1

4. Patience, Patience, Patience, keep loading the class until you see in scouting that the players stats are close. I've restarted my chise a few times but I always make sure key players are rated as top players. I do allow a lil change as player true draft status do move up & down throughout the year due to performance or injuries.

Does it take forever yes, should we as consumers have to due this...unfortunately yes its tedious but very rewarding when you get it right

I don't think we'll ever be given option to edit draft classes or get a ptach to address this issue myself but its one feature I've wanted since importing 1st became an option in Madden
Old 08-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
Banned

Okstatepokes's Arena

OVR: 3

Draft classes have NEVER been spot on. EA wont change it. The best you can do is save MULTIPLE classes, sim a season, and see which one has the more accuracy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Just leave it in as an option as in you're not forced to used it?

I'm going to use the Madden generated draft classes this time because yeah, I'm tired of going through to make sure equipment is right and the faces usually look way off which can't be avoided I guess. But I still would like to have the option of importing draft classes.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

OVR: 4

Yea I import 4 years of NCAA Classes then switch to Madden generated ones as it keeps it fresh long into a chise. Also cool to see guys have Hall of Fame careers and break records, last year in 10' I drafted an imported version of Mark Ingram, he broke all the rushing records and was the Lions savior...lol was fun dispite the jacked up stats in Madden 10' atleast this year stats are acceptable
Old 08-24-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 22

It almost makes me ill to my stomach whenever I look at the generated draft classes, and see 5'-9" offensive lineman, especially since the generated classes are hand done by Donny Moore. Is it his verson of some kind of sick twisted joke, to have lineman the size of a high school fat kid? LB's are kind of messed up too, seriously a MLB that runs the same 40 time as Devin Hester? I'm not complaining about that, cause my defense will be beastly with that kind of speed in my OF.

As for the imported classes, what they need to do is enable us to edit each draft class, immediately after we upload them in the offseason, ratings, equipment, potential, everything. As long as they give you a cap of 85 OVR on each player. Come to think about it, that would be a great tool to use for the generated classes as well. You don't think a WR should be 6'-9" and have 98 speed? Well do something about it.

Just my $.02

Last edited by GreenReign86; 08-24-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »