Home

Advice on defeating cheesers?

This is a discussion on Advice on defeating cheesers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Advice on defeating cheesers?

cheesers
Old 10-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #18
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well honeslty they ain't no way stopping a person from finding ways to exploit things in madden to win. You can't change noone to play sim like you do. It's just the way people are online sometime. Some people feel they got to do anything to put a win in their favor to make make themselves look good in the ranks . Most people online don't care about been sim. They only care about the win and they will do anything they can to win hands down. Nothing you can really do accept it try your best or play with you friends on your friends list point blank. That's why I really don't play online that much. I play my offline franchise mode then anything.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #19
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

I would just give the unsavory character the boot from the league. Playing people who capitalize on exploits is not fun. Even when you beat them, it soils the nature of the game and is not indicative of real NFL football. I've never seen any NFL players do that kind of nonsense and thank god I don't play with people who roll like that. You solution is to screen your members and ask all parties to play with integrity.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsama18
So who decides what is authentic? I mean all rules of football still apply and in madden. There's a saying in football: "speed kills." So I mean you can call it cheap just like I could call running the ball 30 times a game cheap in reality. In real life, if you were a head coach you would definitely find a way to exploit your opponent if you knew they had a weakness (like a lack of speedy corners, or weak run D). Thats called exploiting an opponents weakness...if you wanna call it cheap thats fine...just make you look like a sore loser.
So who decides what is authentic?

Watch a game of football, that will show you what's authentic. No one decides it. I personally have never seen Donovan McNabb hick the ball, run straight backwards 10 yards waiting for his speed receivers to get open on a slant or crossing route everytime...

there's a saying in football: "speed kills."

Ya, these are the type of things coaches say to the media when they don't want to get into the specifics on what's truly going on out there. Speed kills? Tell that to Ted Ginn and the list of other WR's who had great speed and did jack ****.

So I mean you can call it cheap just like I could call running the ball 30 times a game cheap in reality.

Running the ball 30 times is cheap? How so? I don't think the issue is how much someone passes or runs, its the way they go about it. Your idea of running the ball 30 times is cheap is not based on reality at all.

In real life, if you were a head coach you would definitely find a way to exploit your opponent if you knew they had a weakness (like a lack of speedy corners, or weak run D).

Ya, its not as simple as simply my guy is faster than yours, therefore he beats the man in coverage everytime, as is the case in Madden. Also, zone coverage can actually be effective in real life, QB's are alot less accurate on middle to deep range throws, and scrambling around is alot harder.

The top 5 receivers in yards right now are
Brandon Lloyd
Reggie Wayne
Roddy White
Malcom Floyd
Austin Collie

How many of these guys are considered speed burners?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »