Home

Advice on defeating cheesers?

This is a discussion on Advice on defeating cheesers? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3
Advice on defeating cheesers?

Alrighty, so I run an fantasy draft online franchise, and there is this guy who most of you would likely classify as a cheeser.

He drafts strictly speed...he has players such as Desean Jackson, Johnny Knox, Darren Sproles, Jared Cook, etc...all speed demons at the skill positions. And Donovan McNabb is his QB...

His game plan is to hike the ball, scramble back as far as possible, and wait for his crappy receivers to get off the jams and then burn down or across the field. If the pressure is chasing him back, then he'll run to the side. Contain doesn't keep him in, Man coverage gets burned, and receivers seem to always outrun zones.

what in the world is there to do? a few of my friends who are also in the league were conversing about this, trying to figure out what is there we can do. One of them brought up the idea of learning how to nanoblitz...but i personally think nano blitzing is too much work, particularly with this system. Is there a particular coverage (man or zone) that would be recommended for this type of play? is nanoblitzing really the answer? or is it all about something else that I don't know?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 03:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Advice on defeating cheesers?

ok first you can do is to stop calling him a cheeser--doing that just psychs you out. Yeah its annoying but you cant deny its a STRATEGY that is beating you. Saying Cheeser is just another way of giving yourself an excuse to not get better at playing the game, which if you want to win games by skill (and not by magic) you need to practice. Otherwise youre gonna lose and anyone who plays any type of style is gonna win. Just he's not playing the way you want him to play such that you can get a victory isnt a reason to call them a cheeser.
Now for advice: What you can do is QB spy him only if contain isnt working . If he's running a bunch of short routes cover 2 or man coverage (DONT PRESS) and have safeties/linebackers in the flats. Corner blitz with parts of Dline in coverage
Old 08-26-2010, 03:56 AM   #3
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsama18
ok first you can do is to stop calling him a cheeser--doing that just psychs you out. Yeah its annoying but you cant deny its a STRATEGY that is beating you. Saying Cheeser is just another way of giving yourself an excuse to not get better at playing the game, which if you want to win games by skill (and not by magic) you need to practice. Otherwise youre gonna lose and anyone who plays any type of style is gonna win. Just he's not playing the way you want him to play such that you can get a victory isnt a reason to call them a cheeser.
Now for advice: What you can do is QB spy him only if contain isnt working . If he's running a bunch of short routes cover 2 or man coverage (DONT PRESS) and have safeties/linebackers in the flats. Corner blitz with parts of Dline in coverage

cheesing is not a strategy, its exploiting the game in an unrealistic way

Old 08-26-2010, 05:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

To contain him from scrambling to the outside you can do 1 of 2 things. Audible your D-line to "pass" or re-blitz the DE on the side he scrambles to. Preferablly, audible your D-line to "pass" and re-blitz the DE on the side he scrambles to. Doing both would be the most effective to keep him in the pocket. You might also want to hot route your DT to spy just in case he tries to take off up the middle.

Last edited by Sherweaz; 08-27-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
Rookie

DR.Psych's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
Alrighty, so I run an fantasy draft online franchise, and there is this guy who most of you would likely classify as a cheeser.

He drafts strictly speed...he has players such as Desean Jackson, Johnny Knox, Darren Sproles, Jared Cook, etc...all speed demons at the skill positions. And Donovan McNabb is his QB...

His game plan is to hike the ball, scramble back as far as possible, and wait for his crappy receivers to get off the jams and then burn down or across the field. If the pressure is chasing him back, then he'll run to the side. Contain doesn't keep him in, Man coverage gets burned, and receivers seem to always outrun zones.

what in the world is there to do? a few of my friends who are also in the league were conversing about this, trying to figure out what is there we can do. One of them brought up the idea of learning how to nanoblitz...but i personally think nano blitzing is too much work, particularly with this system. Is there a particular coverage (man or zone) that would be recommended for this type of play? is nanoblitzing really the answer? or is it all about something else that I don't know?

Thanks
Zone blitz and cover the middle of the field with your MLB who isn't blitz. You have to put pressure on him! I'm sure he will probably run the same routes all game so anticipate the pass and take to the house...

I played a guy who was nano blitzing out of Quarters or Dime, he would pinch the line and have them crash inside. Then bring Demarcus Ware up the middle. I beat it by throwing to the TE and RB in the flats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3

thanks fellas, i appreciate the advice
Old 08-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Until a patch is released, defensive awareness is going to lack. Pretty much i think that usering key defensive players to either put on pressure or to cover deep is your best option.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:26 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 31

Raise the speed threshold.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »