Home

Web Tool for Managing Salary Caps, Player Re-Signings, FA Bidding for OL Franchise

This is a discussion on Web Tool for Managing Salary Caps, Player Re-Signings, FA Bidding for OL Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Web Tool for Managing Salary Caps, Player Re-Signings, FA Bidding for OL Franchis

If this works like I am imagining, then I may start an OF this year.

― Plato
Old 08-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
Rookie

Zuke's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Web Tool for Managing Salary Caps, Player Re-Signings, FA Bidding for OL Franchis

Interested as well.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Interested fella
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Interested
Old 08-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #13
Rookie

drock450's Arena

OVR: 1

Im glad I'm getting a lot of positive responses here, it helps justify the time I am putting in to make this.

Basically, here is a brief overview of what I have created.

I'm calling it leagueManager, and it gives a league commissioner the ability to manage everything that off-line franchise does in an online setting.

The first feature that my league members are enjoying the most is the free agency bidding period. I have opened it up before the start of our season, and each team is currently bidding on players they want to sign. They can use the current cap that their team has to get new talent.

So obviously, teams with much less talent (the Bills have the most free cap space right now for obvious reason) have a lot more room to improve.

I basically got sick of what happened in every Madden 10 Online franchise I played in... teams with great players were able to get more and hoard all the great players because they had the trade bait, and there was no cap to stop this. Using the leagueManager, this can no longer happen!

It will balance out teams like the real NFL. I have created the tool in such a way that it assigns a RANDOM contract length for every player in the league,... I simply didnt have the time to get all real, authentic contracts in to the tool. So for example, in my current league Drew Brees' contract expires at the end of our first season and must be re-signed or lost to free agency. It adds a nice little extra charm to the league.

I hope to have Beta version 3.0 released sometime next week, and that will make the tool available to EVERYONE to use in their own online franchise.

limitations:
Currently, all players and free agents are pre-populated in the database. You can edit, add, and remove players as you see fit or roster's are updated. With that in mind, the league commissioner (or team of admin) must update each players rating at the end of the season based on progression.

I am currently investigating a way to automatically pull this information from the EA franchise website, but it is proving a bit more complicated than originally anticipated; with that said, I'm not giving up on it (of course, in a perfect world EA would just give me access to their servers and we ALL would be happy).

So stay tuned, I will update here, answer questions, and post information as development continues. This is an exciting tool and I hope it fills the void for hardcore madden fans until EA finally gets around to adding the functionality to online franchise. And who knows, maybe if we can show them that there is enough interest in it, we can get them to add it!!

Feel free to ask any questions.

Attached is a user guide for leagueManager beta version 2.0
Attached Files
File Type: pdf leagueManager_UserGuide.pdf (284.5 KB, 127 views)
Old 08-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 3

interested
Old 08-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 14

Love it. Good luck with this tool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #16
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5

im intrested

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »