Home

Web Tool for Managing Salary Caps, Player Re-Signings, FA Bidding for OL Franchise

This is a discussion on Web Tool for Managing Salary Caps, Player Re-Signings, FA Bidding for OL Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Web Tool for Managing Salary Caps, Player Re-Signings, FA Bidding for OL Franchis

Definitely interested.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:02 AM   #18
Rookie

RunRunPass's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Web Tool for Managing Salary Caps, Player Re-Signings, FA Bidding for OL Franchis

Yes I am interested too, but the issue with the players ratings having to be updated manually concerns me - I hope you can find a solution whereby the rosters can be downloaded from the EA site.

I suppose ideally this tool would be best employed before the season has started, but assume it is possible to bring it into play at any time? I was considering bringing it in towards the end of the first season so that players would have a chance to get used to it and then (probably) have to make some tough decisions about their rosters for the following season.
Would this work?
Old 08-27-2010, 09:22 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey! I´m in!
Thanks in advance!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:40 AM   #20
Rookie

drock450's Arena

@RunRunPass yes, the manual updating of rosters concerns me (and really pisses me off as a waste of time, lol).

I have a strong idea of how to the pull from the EA website work, and I am 90% confident I will have it working.

And yes, coming in at the end, in the middle, or in year 3 of a franchise won't be a problem. If my solution works for pulling the data, you can have a complete replica of the current state of your franchise in the leagueManager when you decide to use it.

I may not be able to fit the auto-synch in beta v3.0, but if it doesn't happen it will be shortly after.

I really just want to get the tool out to people to get a feel and get some feedback on what other functions people want for the tool.

So if you have suggestions, I'm all ears. The PDF doc I uploaded in my last post is a user guide and describes basic functionality for the current version 2.0.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #21
Rookie

RunRunPass's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks for the answers drock. I'll keep checking back to see whether you have managed to be able to pull the info down from the EA site.

I assume then that at the moment the tool would have all of the default rosters as of day 1? So in other words, you would have to quite a lot of moving players around (particularly as some of the players in our league seemingly can't resist a trade). I also assume though, that if you manage to be able to pull the whole franchise down from the EA site that it would just download the rosters as they are?
Discord: GBDawg1 #4708
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #22
Rookie

drock450's Arena

Right RunPass... the tool has all current players from the day 1 release of the game (as well as free agents).

If I can manage to auto-synch, then it would automatically update your league based on what you have at your current place in the franchise.

It is promising to see so many people interested,... I wasn't sure when developing this if others would see the value in it.

Hopefully by the start of the NFL season, we can have a tool that mimics what we all hoped online franchise would be able to do.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #23
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm very interested in this. Before I wasn't even sure if I wanted to do an OF in M11 but, this may have just changed my mind.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-27-2010, 11:35 AM   #24
Rookie

drock450's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm very interested in this. Before I wasn't even sure if I wanted to do an OF in M11 but, this may have just changed my mind.
Yeah, and that is exactly what I think EA didn't get when they released their stats saying "people weren't using online franchise therefore we aren't going to update it."

People tried it, realized it wasn't a finished product, and stopped using it. If there was a complete effort made on the feature, it will bring a lot of people out of the woodwork wanting to play.

I mean, playing in a true online franchise is way more fullfilling than random online games where 9 times out of 10 you get a player who cheeses and takes advantage of the game. If a league is setup properly with rules, every enjoys it that much more.

There are so many ways EA could truly make online franchise the staple of the Madden franchise for years to come. If they would only listen to their hardcore fans! I've already recruited countless new players to the madden franchise with the promise of a complete online franchise experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »