Home

Salary Cap Seem High to You Guys?

This is a discussion on Salary Cap Seem High to You Guys? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 03:01 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Salary Cap Seem High to You Guys?

well it is an uncapped year so maybe they just thought the easiest way to get all current players on team's under the cap is to skyrocket the cap rather than eliminate it? I don't know, but I know that there's only 4 teams that scheduled to spend over 100 million this year. I returned my rented copy of madden so I don't remember what are the team cap limits this year.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 10

For thosse that thinks its to High just wait till your 3rd or 4th season and see... When all the guys you signed are in the 2-3rd yeae and you have 5 mil of cap space going into the draft....
Old 08-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #11
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg59
It's not when you first sign a bunch of players where you feel the pinch, it's when all the huge contracts mature at the same time.

Contracts (aside from the evenly spread bonus) tend to excalate year after year, so watch out when you have a bunch of last year contracts coming up in the same season AND you're trying to sign people.

OR, move someone with huge bonus left and you face a penalty, which I think will impact your ability in that next season.

Well, I had to re-sign Merriman, V. Jackson, Sproles and M. McNeill in the first off-season, and even though the AI was recommending ALOT of 5 year deals, I converted many to 2 or 3 years which drives up the initial salaries on those players. Still, had no trouble signing draft picks and free agents with TONS of cap space remaining.

Been playing this game since the PS version, so have alot of experience with it, and it just seemed much higher than in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 11

I don't think that the cap is really too high, it's just that, like with draft picks going into the first year draft, the game doesn't account for dead cap space and stuff like that that eats up teams' caps in real life.

For instance, I use the 49ers. Even going back to NFL 2K5, I had a wonderful cap situation to sign a ton of new players every year. In real life, the 49ers had a horrible cap situation at that time. It's not because the cap was too high in the game, it's because the game doesn't account for dead money.

The cap space that I had in the game with the 49ers I felt was pretty accurate to what the 49ers have in real life. I was able to re-sign pretty much all of my key players, but I couldn't really afford to make a splash in free agency, so I got a couple B-tier players (Jerious Norwood, Michael Vick).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »