Home

Running in Madden 11

This is a discussion on Running in Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Running in Madden 11

I suck at adjusting sliders and tend to take them to far into my favor. I guess I will try to up them slightly as I go until I can get a little better average. I just envision that it will become too easy to run once I build the o-line (or the bears o-line plays better and gets a roster update...Doubtful this year ).
Old 08-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo72
Guys, I need help. I cannot run the ball to save my life. Is there a particular way to use the right stick in order to run. Mind you, I am playing with the Bears and their line is horrible. Still, 9/10 times, I am killed in the backfield. Any help would be extremely appreciated.
I always hit the hole w/ a quick juke.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
It's not you, its the bears. Matt forte sucks. You might want to hot route your tight ends and receivers to block on run plays
I agree. Hes prolly the worst hb I've used on the game, worse than most teams backups. Thats Dingos whole problem. To run with him and that OL you're going to have to crank the rushing slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 33

running with colts is terrible lol.

i can never run when i need too (3rd and 1). But can always run when i don't need to (up by 14).
Old 08-27-2010, 12:10 AM   #13
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

My bad start from 42 and then move forward from there. I stated 52 earlier lol. My bad.

Just move one click at a time. I believe 42 or 43 is the one for run blocking that will nail it for you.

It ok for them to get you behind the one once in a while, but more than 50% of the time is crazy, but the sliders will get it right for you.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:10 AM   #14
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

I would suggest try runnign with a better team to see if it's your team or your game. If you have trouble running with the ravens for example then i would change my run game up a bit. Go to practice mode and just run random run plays too see what works for you and different methods. A good rule of thumb tho is to follow and not outrun your blocks. Commit to a hole and don't hesitate.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_24
I would suggest try runnign with a better team to see if it's your team or your game. If you have trouble running with the ravens for example then i would change my run game up a bit. Go to practice mode and just run random run plays too see what works for you and different methods. A good rule of thumb tho is to follow and not outrun your blocks. Commit to a hole and don't hesitate.
Good advice. The Bears are an awful running team this year; check out the tutorials and stuff to get a feel for timing and cutting off of blocks. I've yet to find a run play that doesn't "work" this year - they even finally got Counter right! But if your o-line is deficient, it makes running nearly impossible.

I've got a Redskins franchise with two promising young tackles and a bunch of crash test dummies at G and C - runs to the edges = success, runs up the gut = certain death. Play to the strengths of your line and RB and you'll have better results. Also, when you get to the line, count the number of defenders vs blockers at the point of attack (where the RB should be hitting the LOS). If you've got numbers go for it; if you don't, audible to something else or flip the direction of the run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #16
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Something else to consider presnap look count the number of strong side and weak side linebackers. whichever side has less run there. Use counters also to help slow down the d aggressiveness. With locomotion when the d commits to a direction its a lot harder for them to recover.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »