Home

Running in Madden 11

This is a discussion on Running in Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 05:32 PM   #17
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Running in Madden 11

First and foremost, if you're running against 8 in the box, that will cause issues. Secondly, follow your blockers. Lastly, lower the difficulty on the running game until you're successful, then bump it back up. Even the Bears should have SOME running game.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Thank you for all the tips everyone. I will definately try and run a few play now games with other teams to see if I do any better. With all the help I have been given, I think I will be able to figure something out.

I have been a member for years and do not post often, I really do appreciate everyone taking the time to assist me even though I am more of a lurker than poster. Thanks for the support!
Old 08-27-2010, 11:25 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've been pretty hit and miss with running. 300 yards with Turner one game; 30 yards with AP the next game (I play full 15 min Q's). My suggestion is stick with it. Most of the games I had low rushing numbers was due to low attempts (basically means I was passing more or behind in the game). One game with Carolina I had FOUR yards at halftime (again 15 minute Q's!) but I kept pushing/forcing the run and it really opened up the second half. Two big Deangelo Williams TD runs in the third quarter and a pretty easily fourth quarter popping runs at 4 and 5 yards a clip. Williams ended up with 170 yards and Stewart his backup had 40. Basically I wore the D down since I kept at it. I'm not real good or flashy with the Right stick for the runner; what I do well however is I just try to follow my blocks and visualize which lineman / FB is supposed to pick up which defender...so I guess you can say I'm patient.

Other advice seemed to be touched on by others. Look for strong side / weak side; change up the play calling. Audible to different sides or different running play if necessary when you see a stacked box. If play action is working that will help back up the D as well. Just mix it up but don't give up on it (though the 2nd and 3rd and 10's can get annoying real quick while you're unsuccessfully attempting to establish the run, lol).
Old 08-27-2010, 11:41 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 33

teams fatigue if you run on them towards the end of the game.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:29 AM   #21
EA Game Changer

sgibs7's Arena

OVR: 37

from my experiance with this game I recommend running shotgun draws...hold off on the turbo and zig zag between your blockers. Also be sure to read who the center will block as that will help to dictate where your run will go.

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com

http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 12:31 AM   #22
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
from my experiance with this game I recommend running shotgun draws...hold off on the turbo and zig zag between your blockers. Also be sure to read who the center will block as that will help to dictate where your run will go.
i love shotgun draws against nickel and dime.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm having a similar problem, but it sounds like you are managing to do quite a bit better than I am. I am playing as the Raiders and using PM's sliders. I can't run for more than 10 yards in a half! I'm obviously doing something very wrong but have not been able to figure it out yet.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #24
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo72
I suck at adjusting sliders and tend to take them to far into my favor. I guess I will try to up them slightly as I go until I can get a little better average. I just envision that it will become too easy to run once I build the o-line (or the bears o-line plays better and gets a roster update...Doubtful this year ).
I used to be the same way with sliders. I would move them up 5-10 clicks which is too much. This year I take my time because once you get it it right it is a blast to run. I get stuffed at the line still sometimes, but busting into the secondary is a blast when it happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »