Home

Would a more realistic camera angle improve sim gameplay?

This is a discussion on Would a more realistic camera angle improve sim gameplay? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you interested in a POV camera angle?
Yes 25 46.30%
No 29 53.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2010, 12:47 AM   #25
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Would a more realistic camera angle improve sim gameplay?

The subject line and the actual poll are two different questions.

-Would a more realistic camera angle improve sim gameplay? I don't think so, no.
-Are you interested in a POV camera angle? Yes, I'd try it out if given the option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 01:02 AM   #26

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black59Razr
The point of the POV camera is to make the game harder, therefore both players would need to use it.
There is no such thing as a camera making a game "harder". For some maybe but there will be a group of people that would still probably find the game to be easy. As a couple of posters here said, a user defined camera would be the way to go.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:22 AM   #27
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team1
Not trolling.
You were. What you said had nothing to do with the actual thread, and it was meant to take a shot at EA.. We don't need any more of that crap around here. The forums are hard enough to read with out people like you adding nothing but stupid crap.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #28
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team1
Well then i would think madden would add it..........................
LOL No doubt!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:26 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 7

I think it would be a good option to try. Having said that, I might give the zoomed option a try to see if it's at all similar.

But one thing I would LOVE is in-game saves. at the moment I need a clear hour per game (including boot-up, pre-game adjustments, etc). Quite often I don't have that time... Even if it's only a save option at quarter/ half time, would mean I actually play more instead of using the virtual trainer.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:12 PM   #30
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Try out the zoom cam it has some of the effects your looking for.

Superstar has this problem now, I play as the cornerback and the camera they had before was good but now they backed up the camera so far that I can see everything on the field, I went from getting about 4-5 picks a year to about 8-9 because I can see everything develop on the field. God mode cam has got to go at least for superstar.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #31
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
With God View its easy to make plays on the all that you may not be able to make with a more realistic view, that being said I like madden, I just want consecutive hit tackles an soem physics an I will be happy.
I agree.

By all means give gamers the option of having a ground level camera, but not at the expense of the classic Madden camera.

Just improve the gameplay mechanics and give gamers a fully customisable camera (like in previous gen Madden).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Would a POV camera angle make the game more realistic?
Maybe.

Better player AI would do much more for that, imo. POV or closer to it with bad AI might be even WORSE because if it's hard now to deal with O-Line just whiffing on blocks (i.e. not even trying to get in the way), imagine that with having a constrained field of view?

To me "sim" has nothing to do with imitating what a real QB would see - but with generating plausible results and plausible player actions given how the flow of the play is going. I don't see any camera view doing that, really.

Quote:
I am not talking about helmet we have seen in past titles. I am simply talking about lowering the camera angle to increase the difficulty of the decision making process. No real QB has the luxury to sit in the blimp when picking apart a defense; why should we? They have to sit in the pocket.
I understand the point - but..if I could see like an NFL QB - I'd be in the NFL.

Also, NFL QBs don't have to manipulate controllers and deal with the limitations of how the programmers have to make the QB vision move, etc. Real life - I can whip my head around pretty quick. In a game - that might not work for play control - therefore it becomes less "like a NFL QB".

Quote:
This may take away the annual public outcry to increase the defense's ability because the offense is to good. Or having to increase the offenses ability because the defense is too good, etc. Next thing you know, you have a bunch of super heros on the football field again. In summary, there may be less pressure to increase player ability if they simply increase the difficulty of the users decision making.
The outcry I've seen at least for M11, is that the defensive AI...is lacking...to put it nicely. That has nothing to do with POV. Bad football IQ is just bad football IQ. Increasing the challenge on the user is, to me, just masking the problem. It's like those RTS that have sketchy AI - so they give it more cheats to make it "better".

Quote:
Here is a quote from 2009 from an NFL quarterback

“I don’t know what it’s like to be 6-5; I don’t know what those guys see...I need to move and slide, to find lanes and see my receivers.” - Drew Brees

Someone ask Drew Brees if this ability is limited to the power of technology as it stands and the ability of the programmers to use that power.

Again, I understand the point, and would not be like "OH NOES - DON'T", and probably would at least give it a try because it is different, but I don't think it will solve a lot unless the play on the field (i.e. the football intelligence and awareness of technique and assignments) gets better.

Last edited by KBLover; 08-29-2010 at 09:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »