Home

Need Serious help/strategy STOPPING CPU 3rd WR

This is a discussion on Need Serious help/strategy STOPPING CPU 3rd WR within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1
Need Serious help/strategy STOPPING CPU 3rd WR

Ok this is my offline franchise I am the Jets and I win a lot which is good, i use hard sliders from one of the sets in the section so its a realistic

The problem, no matter what team I play it seems Revis shuts down the #1, Cromartie does ok stopping #2 but there 3rd wide out, whoever it may be lights me up for big DeSean Jackson type plays and smokes me for like 10 catches 180yds 3td's, what the hell do i do?

Ive set it up so that my nickel back always covers him (Kyle Wilson) but if hes not in on that play then a LB sets up in front of him and gets smoked, If I assign a SS or FS they cant play man 2 man that well and get smoked, its an every game occurrence, I like to have hard games and tough challenges in my season but when its the exact same thing game in and game out its a little ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 12:57 AM   #2
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Need Serious help/strategy STOPPING CPU 3rd WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
Ok this is my offline franchise I am the Jets and I win a lot which is good, i use hard sliders from one of the sets in the section so its a realistic

The problem, no matter what team I play it seems Revis shuts down the #1, Cromartie does ok stopping #2 but there 3rd wide out, whoever it may be lights me up for big DeSean Jackson type plays and smokes me for like 10 catches 180yds 3td's, what the hell do i do?

Ive set it up so that my nickel back always covers him (Kyle Wilson) but if hes not in on that play then a LB sets up in front of him and gets smoked, If I assign a SS or FS they cant play man 2 man that well and get smoked, its an every game occurrence, I like to have hard games and tough challenges in my season but when its the exact same thing game in and game out its a little ridiculous.
Just always play Nickel against 3 WR, then Wilson will always be able to match up.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:08 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Need Serious help/strategy STOPPING CPU 3rd WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Just always play Nickel against 3 WR, then Wilson will always be able to match up.
Pretty much this.

But for me, I think I have it pretty easy. I play San Francisco. Nate Clements isn't exactly lock down, but he's good enough to hang with most #1's. So what I typically do is, play zone coverage, spotlight Nate's man, and then manually control Taylor Mays, with his 95 speed, to roam around and cover either the #2 receiver or #3 receiver, depending on who breaks open.

Do I give up big plays? Absolutely. But for the most part I am able to lock down most #1 receivers, and with Taylor Mays, I can defend against most #2's and #3's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »