Home

Why are Player Ratings so Important to Everyone ?

This is a discussion on Why are Player Ratings so Important to Everyone ? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 07-30-2003, 11:07 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Why are Player Ratings so Important to Everyone ?

I look at it this way if Marshall Faulk is a 99 or an 89 he is still going to be good in the game and lead the league in Rushing every year .

And if he is an 89 if you use him and do good his Rating will eventually go up anyway .

Is it just me or does everyone feel this way ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2003, 11:13 AM   #2
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Why are Player Ratings so Important to Everyone ?

A game without rating would play sorta like 10 yard fight. Player ratings are one of the most important aspects in making a game simulation. You dont want a 75 rated QB to lead the league in Passing do you. Even if he will go up eventually, he wount go up until his first season is finished.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:16 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree. To me, the ratings questions are as stupid as the collision detection questions for WSB when you hit a HR.

Gameplay is all I care about until I have the game in my PS2, rating questions should be deleted immediately, they waste space and bandwidth.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:22 AM   #4
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Oh....you mean why does everyone ask what thier favorite player or teams ratings are? In that case, I dont even look at those threads. I can wait till I get the game and do the research myself. Its only important when you're scouting your team or the opponents. Otherwise, I dont see why ppl are in despret need to know what Ricky Williams rating is when they cant play the game anyway.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:16 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

Graphik said:
Oh....you mean why does everyone ask what thier favorite player or teams ratings are? In that case, I dont even look at those threads. I can wait till I get the game and do the research myself. Its only important when you're scouting your team or the opponents. Otherwise, I dont see why ppl are in despret need to know what Ricky Williams rating is when they cant play the game anyway.

Right... But when the game is here it means everything.

NO WAY is Marshall Faulk (who is very good) as good as Madden makes him. NO WAY. They make him the fastest person in the game. All you have to do is do 5-wide package and put him in motion and send him on a fly-pattern and it's touchdown at least 2-3 times a game. That was so unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »