Home

Check This Out... Trading

This is a discussion on Check This Out... Trading within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Check This Out... Trading

Started Franchise with Dolphins using default rosters. I made 5 transactions, check out how ridiculous they are (especially the 3rd).

1- Traded Chad Pennington to Bills for their 2nd, 3rd and Roscoe Parish.

2- Traded Greg Camarillo, my 2nd, and my 4th to Redskins for DeAngelo Hall, their 5th and 6th.

3- Traded Bills 3rd round pick (the one I received in the Pennington deal) to the Broncos for Elvis Dumervil, their 4th and 5th.

4- Released OLB Quentin Moses

5- Traded my 1st and 7th to the Eagles for Desean Jackson, their 3rd and 4th.

The Dumervil trade is beyond ridiculous, but if you repeat the same exact trades I made in the same order, it works, even with fair trades on.

Desean Jackson gives me the perfect compliment to Brandon Marshall. DeAngelo Hall gives me a slot corner to play against Wes Welker when I play the Pats. And Dumervil gives me arguably the top pass rushing OLB in the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Check This Out... Trading

Too Bad OLB rarely get to the QB
Old 08-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

It's been well known for a long time that CPU can be exploited when it comes to trades and it's quite easy to just trade 'realistically'. Making a bunch of OTT trades like that would ruin franchise for me personally.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was surprised also when I was able to trade Jerricho Cotchery to Pittsburgh for Mike Wallace and a 1st Round pick and either a 2nd or 3rd.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
It's been well known for a long time that CPU can be exploited when it comes to trades and it's quite easy to just trade 'realistically'. Making a bunch of OTT trades like that would ruin franchise for me personally.
Agreed. Problem is solved by just not doing trades that would be ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Really !!!! You must be playing on easy level settings are something. Because I play on all pro and from What I've tried to do in trade is hard to pull off. When I tried to trade Dwilliams Panthers number 1 RB and one of the best RB in the league right now and added a 1st and 2nd round pick to the jets for former Panthers DT Kris Jenkins. The Jets turned down that offer. This is a great offer for a 34 Yr old DT to. In my franchise mode the AI only Take trades according to it's needs. You must be something different then I am to pull off these kind of deals.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #7
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

You've always been able to rape the CPU with trades. Its realy just silly to waste time on it. If you want to create a better team, just go into the rosters before you start a franchise and move guys around. If you want a moderately realistic franchise, then you can really trade with the CPU.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Really !!!! You must be playing on easy level settings are something. Because I play on all pro and from What I've tried to do in trade is hard to pull off. When I tried to trade Dwilliams Panthers number 1 RB and one of the best RB in the league right now and added a 1st and 2nd round pick to the jets for former Panthers DT Kris Jenkins. The Jets turned down that offer. This is a great offer for a 34 Yr old DT to. In my franchise mode the AI only Take trades according to it's needs. You must be something different then I am to pull off these kind of deals.
It has nothing to do with difficulty settings, there are just certain players and scenarios that are flawed in franchise mode that make trading ridiculous.

For example... I can pull off the Pennington trade if it's the first thing I do in the franchise, but if I do anything else first (like release a scrub player), the Bills would refuse to accept the trade.

Trade logic is just way out of whack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »