Home

Bring back training camp for 18 game season...

This is a discussion on Bring back training camp for 18 game season... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Bring back training camp for 18 game season...

If NFL approves an 18 game season for 2012 and only has 2 preseason games I would hope Madden would bring back training camp for us Madden gamers who really uses the preseason to determine our depth chart and starters. Anyone else agree?

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 32
Re: Bring back training camp for 18 game season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
If NFL approves an 18 game season for 2012 and only has 2 preseason games I would hope Madden would bring back training camp for us Madden gamers who really uses the preseason to determine our depth chart and starters. Anyone else agree?
Bring back the training camp for a 16 game season!
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21
Old 08-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I miss training camp and I miss weekly training drills, I loved being able to improve my players through practice... I'm tired of EA already pre-determining which players are going to be the best in the league.

PLAYERS CAN IMPROVE!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

My thing is why have minicamps as a playmode when it DOES NOTHING TO ADD TO THE GAME...lets play mini camp so i can...do what EA? What will minicamp accomplish for me? Oh i know i get to see some people out of uniform! and remember the year you had mini camp in franchise mode and it ment somthing!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

I usually play a game in pre-season then exit without saving. Gives me a never-ending training camp, in effect.

Though I usually play these games ONLY for picking the right plays, not for evaluating my players. Curious, is it worthwhile playing pre-season to evaluate players? I'd have thought just picking the higher rated players is simpler and better, or am I missing a real trick here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy748
I usually play a game in pre-season then exit without saving. Gives me a never-ending training camp, in effect.

Though I usually play these games ONLY for picking the right plays, not for evaluating my players. Curious, is it worthwhile playing pre-season to evaluate players? I'd have thought just picking the higher rated players is simpler and better, or am I missing a real trick here?
Higher overall rated players aren't necessarily better.

It depends on how you play, and which players excel in what categories.

Perfect example is last year. In last year's game, Nate Davis was my lowest rated QB, but he was my "best" QB on the roster. He had the highest throw power, and his accuracy ratings were all comparable to my other QB's. So Davis is who I used in franchise mode, and even multiplayer play, until Alex Smith was named the starter and he got a bit of a stat boost. I think Nate Davis was still better at that point, but Smith was playable.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I miss training camp and I miss weekly training drills, I loved being able to improve my players through practice... I'm tired of EA already pre-determining which players are going to be the best in the league.

PLAYERS CAN IMPROVE!
I hated weekly drills. The whole idea you can select a few lucky players and the attribute to improve is silly to me. The same problem with training camp but at least those drills were damn fun.

Old 08-29-2010, 06:23 PM   #8
Rookie

The Real Ma$$ive's Arena

OVR: 17

I just want the training camp at the beginning right before the preseason starts. Where you can send a quarterback to throwing drills, and tennis ball dodging drills, and it will actually give 1 point to my QB's accuracy.

I even use to use these to give that rookie a lil boost in accuracy, so he can compete for the 2nd string position, and watch him go out in the preseason, and show that he can play NFL ball lol.
https://youtube.com/@GamingEntertain...m6O_Ib1XywTMwF
---------------------------------------------

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »