Home

CPU vs. CPU Games and Slider Effects...

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU Games and Slider Effects... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: CPU vs. CPU Games and Slider Effects...

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterD
where youll find a bunch of cpu vs cpu sliders for lame people who like to watch video games.... most of which prolly never played user vs user...i find it funny how thiers a million cpu vs cpu and hum vs cpu sliders and not a SINGLE one for user vs user
Let me guess... you're an obnoxious 18 year old kid who sits with all his friends 24/7 playing Madden. You're too cool.

Ever stop to think there are lot of gamers in different phases of their lives and can't sit around with friends and play all day? Some of us have very little time to game and just want to run a franchise (which is usually at night when the kids are in bed)... thus the CPU vs. Human sliders you see so prevalent in the slider threads. As for CPU vs. CPU, to each his own. Who are you to tell someone how to spend their time and what the "cool way to game" is. I'd beg to differ who is lamer here...

To the defense of the poster, I'll usually watch (CPU vs. CPU) the Super Bowl in my franchise if I don't make it that far. So in order to do that, you have to have a slider set that plays out correctly. I checked out the CPU vs CPU during a preseason game or two and I found that the default setting seemed pretty good. Maybe a tad high on the yardage, but good enough for the few games I'll watch.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:33 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Never did I say for someone to play only like me....I was simply curious as to why in the world you buy a video game just to WATCH IT....and seeing how the OP messed up and posted in the wrong forum...i decided to invade a spam thread and voice my opionon...those who took offense im sorry but its the most lamest thing ive ever heard...Cpu vs Cpu pffffft
Old 08-30-2010, 07:39 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterD
where youll find a bunch of cpu vs cpu sliders for lame people who like to watch video games.... most of which prolly never played user vs user...i find it funny how thiers a million cpu vs cpu and hum vs cpu sliders and not a SINGLE one for user vs user
user vs user sliders rnt necessary every time i play my friends games turn out amazing unlike when we play that stupid AI

but watching a video games seems like a dumb ide i mean to each his own but especially when your limited on how much you can play why not actually play

im not tryn to start crap im just wondering wut you get out of watching madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 07:58 AM   #12
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I use CPU vs CPU for a class that I teach. Its a high school sports marketing class in which my studemts do a fantasy draft (10 players and I autodraft the rest) After the draft we watch a game of the week while they work on their projects. The kids seem to enjoy watching CPU games. By the way they have to create a media guide of their drafted players for educational purposes
Old 08-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I use CPU vs CPU for a class that I teach. Its a high school sports marketing class in which my studemts do a fantasy draft (10 players and I autodraft the rest) After the draft we watch a game of the week while they work on their projects. The kids seem to enjoy watching CPU games. By the way they have to create a media guide of their drafted players for educational purposes
this mights be one of the only ways i could kinda see it being useful and come on anyone would rather watch anything on tv then have to do work
Old 08-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #14
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
this mights be one of the only ways i could kinda see it being useful and come on anyone would rather watch anything on tv then have to do work
They are actually working while its playing. But you would be surprised how some kids complain about watching videos. Not so much that they would rather be working, but they complain what they're watching.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #15
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

For the pre-pubescents (masterD) that don't "get" why anyone would play CPU v CPU reasons, I have several.

First, the CPU sliders USED to control in CPU v CPU games, as a result I used to play these games to try and get a good balance on the CPU sliders, THEN I'd adjust my human sliders to balance to the CPU's. Seemed to work best.

Second, I personally enjoy franchise development more than playing the game alot, and this helps me get through multiple seasons more quickly, rather than using the sim engine all the time which produces different results.

Finally, I actually do other things on my laptop while a game is playing that I'm less interested in actually playing by hand. I'll just "catch" glimpses of the game while I'm working or doing something else like posting this.

Broaden your thinking, not everyone is a kid or "just like you". I happen to be over 40, so maybe I don't think like a teenager but still enjoy some video football in my own way.

NOW, back to the question, it appears to me CPU sliders have ZERO effect in CPU v CPU games this year, what's everyone elses opinion/experience?

Last edited by Old School SD Fan; 08-30-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #16
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapargentina
user vs user sliders rnt necessary every time i play my friends games turn out amazing unlike when we play that stupid AI

but watching a video games seems like a dumb ide i mean to each his own but especially when your limited on how much you can play why not actually play

im not tryn to start crap im just wondering wut you get out of watching madden
Here's why I watched CPU vs CPU. For the first 10 weeks of the season you only get two days of football. After that you get a third day (Thursdays) to watch. I'm so much into watching the NFL that I turn to video games for those additional days and Madden displays it perfectly when sliders are accurate. It's to the point where I almost think they develop the game for CPU vs CPU play and that's why people find things they don't like about the game. Plus while watching madden I can do other things around the house like cook and clean and browse these message boards. You pay for cable tv to occupy your time, I pay a one time fee of $60 to occupy mine.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »