Home

Who else is sick of virtually no pass interference calls?

This is a discussion on Who else is sick of virtually no pass interference calls? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2010, 07:40 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Who else is sick of virtually no pass interference calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Man I don't know what it is but every year it seems that pass interference rarely ever gets called. I have seen so many plays where my receiver gets bumped and nothing called, sometime they are almost completely tackled and yet no call. I have played over 15 games and I have yet to see one pass interference call. This is something that needs to be addressed this year or tuned for Madden 12.
Funny you made this thread, because since the roster update I have had several. I am using Versuz2's penalty sliders (see slider forum for more).
Old 08-30-2010, 07:54 AM   #18
All Star

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden81
I have not even seen late hit on the QB even with the slider right up and hitting the QB very late
i've seen one.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #19
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Sigh -- penalties are definitely a weak point for Madden. For PI, it comes down to not having any interference animations built into the game. So you're only chance of seeing interference is some accidental contact between the receiver and defender.

Hopefully, they'll soon add some grabbing animations for defenders that are beat or for receivers to break up would-be interceptions.

The roughing the passer penalty (or lack thereof) tends to piss me off LOL. I hate seeing QBs get whacked when they released the ball with enough time to avoid a hit. It often leads to unnecessary injury for my QB. NFL refs are trained (for better or worse) to protect the QB...Madden needs to a better job of that. Add more avoidance animations for Pete's sake!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #20
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yea the PI not been called alot of times when your WR gets Bumped and other stuff like that is kind of a downer. But hopefully sometime in the near future they can fix this problem by adding the animations into the game to cause PI on CBs. But it has to be done right and not sloppy. If it ain't done right then there is no reason for them to do it at all.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:36 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 2

The lack of PI bugs me especially when it is clearly obvious. Have the sliders at 100 but nah, why have this work after years and years of nothing?

I live for the day an EA game actually has working penalties when it comes to offsides and PI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 7

I see pass interference quite often. Slant your receivers inwards then step back your QB and wait 'til they cross. As often as not a CB will clip one of the WRs getting you a PI.

Having said that, this could be a glitch I'm exploiting...
Old 08-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 2

I've had a few PI called on me. The one that sticks out in my mind was when my DB was actually deeper than the WR on a streak leaving me in perfect position for a pick. I took control of the DB only to watch him momentarily hesitate, bumping into the WR and giving the CPU a nice 40 yard gain on what would have been an incomplete pass.

But I've also had blown PI on the CPU. One play in particular was my WR was crossing on a slant. At the same time, the OLB was strafing into his zone and ran into my WR, effectively making him run in place. I threw at the receiver thinking it would get the attention of the game, but no, it was just an incomplete pass.

As for roughing the passer/late hit, I did have one that puzzled me. I was blitzing my MLB and blew through the line. As is often the case, moments before I was about to decapitate the QB, he threw the ball over the middle for a TD. As he was throwing, I hit X, starting the dive animation for the sack. After the play I see a flag and the ref signals roughing the passer. Shocked, I check the replay.

In the replay it's clear I only took one step after his release and before hitting the button, but I clearly hit the QB at the knees. I'm guessing that's what the flag was for. If that's the case, that's actually pretty cool.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 25
Icon11 Re: Who else is sick of virtually no pass interference calls?

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stand corrected... *IT IS* in the game after all!!

This just happened to me in my coach mode game.. I'm the Redskins so yeah, it's def in the game just a very very very extremely rare occurence

video of the PI... I think it was because the DB #26 bumped him/got in the way when he made the cut to the sideliness.. only thing I can think of, haha the video isn't so clear but basically when he cut to the sidelines, he hit the DB chasing the other WR

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »