Home

Darelle Revis Trade

This is a discussion on Darelle Revis Trade within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 10:44 AM   #41
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Darelle Revis Trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBallocaust
Nnamdi asomugha should have a 99 and revis should have the 98. Its BS. Asomugha is never talked about even though he is the defination of a shutdown corner. All those saying "hes a this fan" im not, i live in NY. Revis plays in Rex Ryans defense which is a BLITZ HEAVY defense. The quarterback gets pressure very fast and is forced to just throw it up which is mostly ducks. Asomugha plays for the raiders. They suck. They almost never blitz and theyre line is horrible. Asomugha almost always is in man coverage rather than revis who does play a lot of zone. Again if your saying this isnt true, numbers dnt lie and here they aee. The ball was thrown at Revis' direction 106times in 2009-10. 106TIMES!!! he should have more than 6intos. The ball was thrown at Asomugha only 26times. Thats basicly 4x less. What ppl saw was a man with an opening against revis but they could mever quite get it to him. Whem they saw asomugha, they said F THAT! I think it was only completed asomughas way like 8times also which is INCREDIBLE AT THE NFL LEVEL. but every one rides the jets and they are given higher stats like braylon edwards whos up there in dropped passes every year a 99 spectacular catch. HE CANT CATCH WITH 2 HANDS BUT HE CAN AT ANY TIME WITH 1? Revis is good dnt get me wrong but in no way should he have a higher ovr than asomugha. The jets are the most overrated team in the game. They go basically 7-7 and are GIVEN the 2 wins that put them in the playoffs. Yet they have a better ovr than the giants who went 8-8 and missed the playoffs for the first time in 5yrs? The giants are better than jets and it was proven that monday night. VICTOR CRUZ<3 ....now sum1 come and debate me
For the most part I agree about your statement on Revis vs. Asomugha. Asomugha is the true definition of a shutdown corner, and is more feared by offensive coordinators than Revis. Revis gets beat deep by great receivers, but Rex Ryan's blitz pressure gives QBs less time to throw, meaning the often throw short--to Revis. Don't get me wrong, Revis is still a fantastic corner, but not in the same league as Asomugha.

To correct your statement above, I think the ball was thrown at Asomugha 28 times last season but that doesn't take away from the fact that Asomugha usually play man coverage with no help over the top. Talk about being an island! Also, Deion Sanders, who was probably the best shutdown corner to play the game, usually had 'only' 2-3 interceptions per year, because QBs never threw his way--much like Asomugha.

On-topic I think the combination of Revis and Asomugha must be fantastic addition to a team in Madden, but I'm not buying into the mysterious overall ratings and would have tried to trade for either DRC or one of Bengals two star CBs (Johnathan Joseph or Leon Hall), who have similar individual ratings as Revis, but lower overall ratings (thus cheaper to pick up and re-sign)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 12:07 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
For the most part I agree about your statement on Revis vs. Asomugha. Asomugha is the true definition of a shutdown corner, and is more feared by offensive coordinators than Revis. Revis gets beat deep by great receivers, but Rex Ryan's blitz pressure gives QBs less time to throw, meaning the often throw short--to Revis. Don't get me wrong, Revis is still a fantastic corner, but not in the same league as Asomugha.

To correct your statement above, I think the ball was thrown at Asomugha 28 times last season but that doesn't take away from the fact that Asomugha usually play man coverage with no help over the top. Talk about being an island! Also, Deion Sanders, who was probably the best shutdown corner to play the game, usually had 'only' 2-3 interceptions per year, because QBs never threw his way--much like Asomugha.

On-topic I think the combination of Revis and Asomugha must be fantastic addition to a team in Madden, but I'm not buying into the mysterious overall ratings and would have tried to trade for either DRC or one of Bengals two star CBs (Johnathan Joseph or Leon Hall), who have similar individual ratings as Revis, but lower overall ratings (thus cheaper to pick up and re-sign)
revis plays with no safety help. he follows the best receivers every play. aso doesn't.

what great receiver beat him deep last season? reggie wayne's 53 yds in the playoffs was the high of any receiver.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:26 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightnreyes
revis plays with no safety help. he follows the best receivers every play. aso doesn't.

what great receiver beat him deep last season? reggie wayne's 53 yds in the playoffs was the high of any receiver.
I dont think you understand the difficulty of what asomugha does. 1. The ball is thrown over 100 times at revis(106). Thats a "shutdown" corner? Revis does get help over the top from leonhard. Asomugha plays man and for MUCH longer than revis does. Asomugha is the most shutdown corner in the game today. Im not sure of the exact number but in 2 years the ball was thrown his way around 55times. Still less than revis BY A LOT. he has less than 20 passes completed. 8 two years ago and i forgot this years. He has like only 1 or 2 TDs allowed in 2 years. HE IS THE BEST SHUTDOWN CORNER. REVIS ISLAND IS ON PLANET ASOMUGHA. or universe asomugha.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:52 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightnreyes

no great receivers....just Ted Ginn!! how can any corner who gets TOASTED by Ginn call themselves great?!?!?

...although now that I think about it, he did burn Asomugha on an end-around TD in 08 too.

maybe Charles Woodson really is the best corner in the game. lol
Old 08-31-2010, 01:01 PM   #45
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Um...guys:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******Pride
Keep this about Madden. If you guys want to talk about the...Jets then do it in the Pro Football forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 01:45 PM   #46
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

Some cool moves you made there.

I adjusted player ratings before I started my Franchise to make it so that there are no 99, 98 or 97 overall players. The highest rated is 96 and there's a few of them (P. Manning, J. Allen, Asmougha).

My Franchise is with the Chiefs. Here are the pre-season transactions I made.

Trade FS Jarrad Page to the Bears for 3rd round, 5th round, and DT J Gilbert (rookie).

Sign free agent SS Kevin Ellison

Trade DE Dion Gales to the Jaguars for a 6th round pick.

Last edited by Arrowhead21; 08-31-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:37 PM   #47
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Transactions

2- Traded J. Campbell (QB) to Cardinals for M. Leinart (QB), 1st, 3rd.

3- Traded 2nd, 3rd, 4th to Bengals for 1st, 4th, 5th.

Wow...

So much for realism. J/K!! It's your game, do what you want. I personally can't make deals like that and keep playing. If anything, I usually give the CPU too much in return.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:26 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 29

I always prefer to trade for lesser players. Call me silly, but I get more out of using guys with lesser OVRs than higher OVRs.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »