Home

Has the lack of defense ruined it for you?

This is a discussion on Has the lack of defense ruined it for you? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #17
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Has the lack of defense ruined it for you?

i've noticed a big difference playing online all-pro vs all-madden. the defense on all pro is basically sedated, and casually just paw at incoming passes and defenders. other than that its basically an ardade shootout.

all-madden, as our online leagues are running have yielded much better results. i take bad pursuit angles and delayed reactions as part of locomotion failing to properly initialize quick movements, but its certainly better than the defense in all pro.

i picked up a horrid raiders team last night to fill a slot in my buddies online league, 7 mins all madden no acc clock. played the 5-1 broncos and posted a nice 21-0 shut out. the guy was no bum, i was just guessing right on d and not trying to hit stick.

double safety man plays can be great for those drags and slants, cept i audible the safties to buzz zones and play as the mlb. just hope you have good corners and your golden
Old 08-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike32Ownz
This game isnt (Insert Swear word here) and I don't see how using a slider set is like using a cheat code, that makes no sense considering a slider set makes the game harder (Good ones do anyways) but whatever I really don't ever recall EA saying that they were focused on producing a sim game it seems like you were misinformed about the product that you purchased. Overall I am enjoying my time with madden 11 and if there isn't an NFL 2K12 (Which obviously there won't be) EA will receive more money from me for madden 12.

P.S. if you had taken advantage of the Gamestop deal madden 11 would have only beeen $20
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't EA pride themselves in delivering the most realistic football game every year? I didn't know that on the cover they changed their slogan to "the most arcade, pass happy game on the market with total lack of defense, look for our Madden arcade machines in your nearest bowling alley"
Old 08-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #19
Rookie

smonee's Arena

OVR: 4

Personally I adjusted my sliders every game for my first year of my franchise. I am now in season 2 of my browns franchise and each game is competitive. I was having the 500 yard, and 5 TD games against me in the first season and now my games are more realistic. Last night I beat the Raiders 31-28 with a last second FG to win it. You cant get better than that. Campbell had a 250 yard game and 2 TD's, McFadden had 89 yards w/ TD. My original problem was not the robo QB's but the Robo RB's. every RB was breaking the rushing record against me and i am glad i fixed it or the game would have been unplayable.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
The defense is still unplayable OFFLINE as well...and i dont want to hear about sliders because i dont use them they feel like using a cheat code IMO. If they could just mirror NCAA's defense i would be happy but until then i cant even play the game
I really don't get this logic. Sliders are meant to taylor the game in smaller proportions than the skill levels to an individuals playing ability. I don't see how sliders are a bad thing or a cheat code.

I use sliders in MLB The Show, and imo, it's the greatest sports game I have ever played.

But to each their own I guess.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1

Glad you've found a good medium for the sliders and you're able to enjoy the game... Unfortunately if you're mostly an online player then you're screwed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #22
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I really don't get this logic. Sliders are meant to taylor the game in smaller proportions than the skill levels to an individuals playing ability. I don't see how sliders are a bad thing or a cheat code.

I use sliders in MLB The Show, and imo, it's the greatest sports game I have ever played.

But to each their own I guess.
In my opinion its like saying ..Oh i cant stop the offense lets make it so they dont pass as much or tunr the completion rate down or lets make the defense more powerful. ...Now if you want to use siders to turn the game speed up or down thats fine but anything else IMO is no ok by me.. If your using them to make the game harder thats fine but its not ok to make it easier
Old 08-30-2010, 05:06 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
In my opinion its like saying ..Oh i cant stop the offense lets make it so they dont pass as much or tunr the completion rate down or lets make the defense more powerful. ...Now if you want to use siders to turn the game speed up or down thats fine but anything else IMO is no ok by me.. If your using them to make the game harder thats fine but its not ok to make it easier
I don't think anyone uses the sliders to make the games easier. Sliders are there as an option, it's win-win for people who don't use them and who do use them. There hasn't been a sports game that I've never adjusted out of the box.

I also use sliders for getting as close to the stats as their respective leagues they play in.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:24 PM   #24
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinsFan86
Just a simple question to see if anyone else feels the way I do...

Has the lack of defense in Madden 2011 made it un-playable for you?
It's unplayable for many reason, defense being one of them. For me, the problem on defense starts in the huddle. Not being able to call defenses I want kills it before they break the huddle. Then, the lack of defensive assignments lowers the game in the ground. The lack of a true edge rush, not being able to shade DBs, not being able to press DBs separately or bring the SS down in the box, the "stunts", the psychic o-line, ect is the dirt on the coffin. And this is offline. I'm not sure I've ever played a game online.

And, for me, it's not about the scores. It's about gameplay & animations. It's about how little there is to do when on defense. My typical play goes: search the playbook for a defense that doesn't exist, pick one that has the coverage I want, shake my head at not being able to pick the d-line/LB scheme I want, start the play with d-linemen, play patty cake with an o-linemen, switch to the closest defender, make the tackle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »